Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Layer volume modulation issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
amit
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:15 pm    Post subject: Layer volume modulation issue Reply with quote

Just got my wavestate yesterday,.
One a performance I want to bring in a layer (D) via mod wheel.
So I assigned mod wheel to amp vol.
The issue is that if I set intensity to -100% and amp vol to 100,
I can take out the layer D( opposite to what I want), however if I set amp vol to 0 and mod intensity to +100% nothing happens and the Layer does not come in, wondering what am I doing wrong in here.
Korg (Kronos 2, PA600,WavestateVolcaFM), Moog Subsequent 37, Waldorf Pulse 2, ,Novation (Peak, Circuit), Roland GR55, Roli Rise 49, Boog Model D Novation Sl 49, Launchpad Pro, Ableton Push 2 + Suite,Yamaha DTX Multi 12, Akai EWI USB, Nano key Studio, Arturia(BeatStep Pro,DrumBrute,Keystep),StryMon(Big Sky,Timeline), Mooer Ocean Machine, Zoom MS-70CDR,MXR Carbon Copy Deluxe, MicroKontrol,KLC, Korg DS-1H, Korg EXP-2,Roland DP-10, Nanopad 2, TEcontrol BBC2, Soundcraft Signatrure 22 MTK, Yamaha MG10XU,UltraG DI,Eris E5 .. List
Narioso

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can replicate - if you mean amp level% at least. I don't know which volume you talk about otherwise. (Tried layer volume but does not accept as target)

Seems to depend on that mod wheel only do positive values.

If I do mod knob for layer - that can be chosen as unipolar or bipolar - it works if bipolar but not if unipolar.

As bipolar I get volume from 0 and up - with intensity on 100%.
Or reverse if -100% intensity.

But if set to unipolar(+ only) it only works if set to -100% intensity and in reverse direction, knob at zero give full volume.
Same as mod wheel.

Seems to be how it works - if a bug, I cannot tell.

I tested with joystick as well, and that works since bipolar.(turned off volume lit at vector button, or double function).
amit
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry, I meant amp level.
hope its a bug and not an oversight
Korg (Kronos 2, PA600,WavestateVolcaFM), Moog Subsequent 37, Waldorf Pulse 2, ,Novation (Peak, Circuit), Roland GR55, Roli Rise 49, Boog Model D Novation Sl 49, Launchpad Pro, Ableton Push 2 + Suite,Yamaha DTX Multi 12, Akai EWI USB, Nano key Studio, Arturia(BeatStep Pro,DrumBrute,Keystep),StryMon(Big Sky,Timeline), Mooer Ocean Machine, Zoom MS-70CDR,MXR Carbon Copy Deluxe, MicroKontrol,KLC, Korg DS-1H, Korg EXP-2,Roland DP-10, Nanopad 2, TEcontrol BBC2, Soundcraft Signatrure 22 MTK, Yamaha MG10XU,UltraG DI,Eris E5 .. List
Narioso

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No need for hopes, I solved it.

You can choose CC1 +/- as source and it works as expected with mod wheel.

Clever folks at Korg....
amit
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx. For the tip. Hope korg gets more clever and get us an editor.
On my reread through the manual, page 46 explains the behaviour.
For volume one need to modulate the filter output level instead of amp as amp can only scale up to max 2x of original signal affer summing up all mods.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: