Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos2 newb I can't get the Kronos2 working properly with s

View previous topic :: View next topic  
amateurplayr

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:48 am    Post subject: Kronos2 newb I can't get the Kronos2 working properly with s Reply with quote

Hi,
If this has already been covered and I missed it, I apologize. Thanks in advance for any help. I think my issue is in Kronos2 global settings and I just don't know what to do.
I use Magix Samplitude Pro X4 on Windows 10 to record, edit and produce my music. Until now I have successfully used a Casio WK-6500, yamaha MX61 and a Roland FA-06. No issues. A few weeks ago I traded all 3 for a Kronos2. It is the latest version. I promptly went to the Korg website and downloaded the driver as well as Editer 3.1 and a couple of other things I found for the Kronos2.
Until now the most complex thing I used was the Roland FA-06. It seems with the Korg I am way over my head. I have checked the manuals, done internet searches and Youtube searches and cannot find what I need. I have also contacted Korg via email with no response after almost 2 weeks.
My first issue I am only mentioning here in case it is the problem. When I turn on the Kronos, Korg Driver Setup Utility(1.15.35.02) always pops up. It keeps popping up and now I just minimize it at the bottom of my screen. Could that be my problem?
My connection is USB to my PC.
Here are my issues and I think they are all tied together. In Magix Samplitude Pro X4 I go into program preferences/audio setup and I should be able to select the Korg but it doesn't appear. It also doesn't show in audio devices but does show up under MIDI. Under hardware controller I click Kronos2 for MIDI input and output but when I exit, it clears.
The metronome. When I select piano for track 1 it plays a bass drum which is awesome. But for track 2 it plays a drumroll which stinks. I have MIDI metronome currently selected.
Also, if I select a piano for track 1 and say a violin for track 2, it doesn't play track 1 while I am recording track 2 and when I can get both tracks to playback, both tracks play as the same instrument.
When I do a test export, I can't hear anything.
I am certain the issues are in settings and I just don't know what to do. I would hate to spend all that money on the Kronos2 and not be able to use it so I would very much appreciate any step by step help. All my other kybd's have pretty much been simple plug in, download the driver, open software and select the kybd and start having fun. This is strictly a hobby for fun.
Thanks for any help.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There does seem to be a driver issue which needs fixing. Read the driver installation manual that can be accessed through the Start programs menu for Korg USB MIDI Driver Tools.

If the Kronos was purchased new, then it's unlikely that the Global settings are going to be an issue.

kronoSphere
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,
I am using Sequoia which have many similitudes with Samplitude.
Actually, I still have not any problem with the Korg Driver.
I work with Sequoia linked via USB to the Kronos Sequencer.
I choose on Sequoia the audio track I want to record
I choose on the Kronos Sequencer the track that I want to send to Sequoia.
I press RECORD on Sequoia.
Sequoia RECORD touch blinks and is waiting for...
I press PLAY on the Kronos Sequencer and then Sequoia RECOD in sync the the track.
It is the Kronos that rules Sequoia. Not the inverse.

https://www.lairdeparis.fr

Current Gear : Kronos 88 / Seaboard Rise / Triton Extreme / Sequoia / Motif Rack XS / TC Helicon voicelive rack /Awave 11 / Audio & VSTi plug-ins connected /wide touchscreen / iPad Pro 512.
amateurplayr

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you both for responding. I really do appreciate it. I got it used, not new if that makes a difference. I am going to do a factory reset and see if that helps.
I read the info on the driver. It says I must be an administrator, I am. It is on MIDI #10 and says standard Driver (Kronos).
Midi#1 is intel(R) display audio. That is all that is listed. I do get the "this device has been installed properly" message.
Using Magix Samplitude Pro X4 I can record track 1 as piano with bass drum metronome.
When I record track 2 and choose violin, it does not play track 1 while I am recording. And the metronome changes to a drum roll? And when I do playback, track 1 and 2 are violin, not piano and violin.
When I export, I do it as mp3 and hear nothing when I try to play the exported file.
I have a USB running from the Kronos2 to my pc. That is the only connection.
I never had these problems with the other controllers I used, which I listed in my original post. I have contacted Korg via phone and email. I have checked the manuals. I have looked online and checked youtube, as well as posting here. I never dreamed it would be this difficult or I would have just stuck with my Roland. I cannot read the readme that is in the Korg folder as I do not have Microsoft word and it won't let me open with anything else.
Thanks again for the current responses and thanks for any further responses.
kronoSphere
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a little thing :

The metronome sounds you hear are those of the kronos" midi sounds of the metronome because you have selected "metronome click in samplitude
It is useless. It is better to have only, and hear only the click metronome of the Kronos.

I don't record Midi in Sequoia, because I prefer recording only Audio Tracks (I keep all the midi tracks of my songs into the Kronos (save all) and, after, I make copy of all of them on external drivee.
So I cannot be helpful concerning the midi recording in samplitude.

But if you have a precise questin concerning the process of recording audio tracks in samplitude, I will help you because before usuing Seqoia, I was using Samplitude Pro.

Current Gear : Kronos 88 / Seaboard Rise / Triton Extreme / Sequoia / Motif Rack XS / TC Helicon voicelive rack /Awave 11 / Audio & VSTi plug-ins connected /wide touchscreen / iPad Pro 512.
amateurplayr

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. I very much appreciate any help. As for a precise question, I don't know what precisely to ask. But my goal is simple and I don't have any preferences on how to get there. I don't have a preference (midi or audio) on how my goal is achieved.
I will try the metronome like you told me. I just want to be able to record track 1 with 1 sound (say bass guitar), record track 2 (rythem guitar)and so on. While I am recording a track I want to be able to hear and play along with the other tracks.
And when my song is complete, export it as mp3 and be able to hear it.
I am not a professional and am way over my head. Right now I am wishing I had just stuck with my Roland Fa-06. Not near as good but I could do what wanted.
When I go into Magix Samplitude ProX4 preferences, rhe 1st tab is audio setup where you choose your controller. For example I opened the Tab and selected Rolamd FA-06. The Kronos doesn't even show up as an option.
kronoSphere
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After, and only after your kronos is linked to your PC, if you open Samplitude
you would must see this in the MIDI pannel window :

MIDI IN KRONOS 1 KEYBOARD
MIDI OUT KRONOS 1 SOUND

Do you see this ?

amateurplayr

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kronoSphere wrote:
After, and only after your kronos is linked to your PC, if you open Samplitude
you would must see this in the MIDI pannel window :

MIDI IN KRONOS 1 KEYBOARD
MIDI OUT KRONOS 1 SOUND

Do you see this ?

Yes, I do. I wish I could upload pics. I would upload screenshots of software settings for you to see. That would make things easier I think.
It was mentioned in an above comment that a brand new Kronos wouldn't have the global settings issues I mentioned in my original post. I will be attempting a factory reset tonight. Hopefully that makes things easier.
amateurplayr

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only have 20 more days to figure it out or return it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: