Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[Solved] Cannot connect prologue to librarian

View previous topic :: View next topic  
thark

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:25 am    Post subject: [Solved] Cannot connect prologue to librarian Reply with quote

Hi all. I'm back with more connection problems. First it was midi in via standard midi cables (which has yet to be resolved) and now usb connection to the librarian. When I fire up the librarian I get "Prologue is not connected". Well, it is actually. Physically at least. I have even tried a couple of different usb cables and usb ports. Still no connection.

I have successfully connected in the past, specifically to download and install the latest firmware update, so usb has worked on this instrument at one time. I tried a full factory reset on the Prologue in case I inadvertently changed a setting somewhere. I'm pretty sure that the cables I used are good. I use the cables regularly with my Helix and Powercab so they are functional.

I'm using an iMac running Mojave 10.14.6. Usb connection is via a standard usb A to usb B cable running from a powered hub. I have many usb devices in my studio and need a couple of powered hubs to run them all. There is little indicator light on each port in the hub that shows whether or not a powered device is connected. This is on when the Prologue is turned on.

Scratching my head on this one.

Keith

Last edited by thark on Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
thark

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I managed to connect to the Prologue ... but not using the Mac. I pulled out my old laptop, loaded it with the Korg software and fired it up. It connects! Woohoo!

Still don't know why the Mac doesn't want to talk to the Prologue but I guess that's a problem to look at downt the road a bit.

Cheers,

Keith
MRNUTTY

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I missed this thark. I use osx catalina. If I ever get that problem, I have reboot either the laptop, prologoue, or both. I connect directly from laptop usb to prologue hardwire.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Prologue All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: