Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Controller and ipad Volume questions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JDYCE

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:44 pm    Post subject: Controller and ipad Volume questions Reply with quote

1) I am using a Soft Step (controller) into the KRONOS USB A. I also have an ipad connected to the Kronos via USB B. When I play the Kronos, I can get both the Kronos and ipad sounds... all good so far... But when I trigger the Soft Step, it only triggers the Kronos (and not the ipad). Is it possible to simultaneously trigger both the KRONOS and ipad with the Soft Step? If yes, how do you do this?

2) Is it possible to control the volume of the ipad with the KRONOS in the Mix Volumes?

Any help would be appreciated. JDYCE
FB Music

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it’s possible to control both the Kronos and iPad. I’m doing the same with my Kronos an iPad mini5 (running IK Multimedia’s B-3X) and a Soleman MIDI footcontroller.
The problem with the Kronos is that it does not have MIDI thru via USB. That is why you are able to control only the Kronos and not the iPad with your Softsep, when connected directly to the Kronos.
However, when using a USB hub you can control both!

The way I did it, is as follows:

1. Apple lightning to USB3 camera adapter connected to the iPad.
2. USB hub (simple unpowered 4 port Anker) plugged into the USB side of the camera adapter.
3. Footcontroller plugged into one of the four USB A Ports of the hub.
4. Kronos’ USB B plugged into one of the remaining three USB A ports of the hub.
5. Midiflow app installed in the iPad. This is an awesome app that let’s you route and manipulate MIDI anyway you want.
I use this app to be able to control the Leslie speed of the B-3X with the joystick, one of the footswitches of my footcontroller and aftertouch...

From the mixer page you should be able to control the volume of your iPad as long as your MIDI out channel (on the Kronos)matches the MIDI channel of you iPad instrument.

Hope this helps, let me know.
JDYCE

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for this information. You have been very helpful. Jamie
FB Music

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDYCE wrote:
Thank you for this information. You have been very helpful. Jamie

You’re welcome!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: