Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Karma Vs Krome EX

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nickle15

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:37 pm    Post subject: Karma Vs Krome EX Reply with quote

I'm looking for a decent 61 key for using in the studio and in live settings. For live I need to have something with a wide variety of pads. They don't have to be motion pads necessarily but we have strings covered so I do want something with more texture and character. Right now I have an opportunity to pick up what appears to be a very well kept Karma for $625 which includes shipping. I've always thought these were really cool boards (I'm old enough to remember when they came out). But the idea of saving just a few hundred more to get a "new" synth - Krome EX - is also very appealing. Just wondering if anyone on here has both or has used both and could weigh in on the sounds - particularly pad/synth sounds - from one keyboard to the next, and any opinions on value for the money. A new Krome EX would be $950. Unfortunately I don't have a store in my area that stocks the Krome or I would just go play one to help make a decision. YouTube does not have a ton of variety on their video offerings, at least not enough to help me get a good idea of the Krome's sonic capabilities.

And I should be ashamed to stick to a brand so doggedly but I'm a Korg fan so that's why I'm only considering these two options at this time. Thanks!
ginol96

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Karma and PA800.
Karma is very good synth. It is Triton engine. It is old 30-years. It has KARMA system, not sampling. New sounds are problem. Only clasic MIDI connection, FDD (may be USB key). It is RETRO (Vintage)

Krome has present sound and other option. ARP, possibility of new sounds, USB connection, software for programming.

I wanted to buy KROME, but sound my PA800 is almost identicaly, for me .

if you don't need KARMA generator, buy KROME

regards
At first it was MIDI and then the God created the world.
nickle15

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply. I ended up passing on the Karma but found a good used Krome EX in my area for a nice price. I've been very happy with it!

I was also able to load a bank of sounds from Korg that gave me a whole bunch of Triton sounds so that was a nice bonus.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Karma All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: