Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apologies, new owner question!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wicket

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 11:27 pm    Post subject: Apologies, new owner question! Reply with quote

Hi,
Decided to come to you fine people as, prior to purchase I found this forum a font of knowledge.
Never owned a korg. Have an Orla Gt3000 organ (selling) novation ultra nova (selling) Yamaha dgx 505 portagrand (selling) and Yamaha e463 (selling). I Have used a boss br1600 for recording... selling, in due course.
I’m well aware there’s more than a wee climb ahead of me in getting to even basic grips with this massive upgrade on my previous hardware. I’m intending to use the Kronos just as a straight keyboard with presets (and maybe minor tweaking) for the first 6-12 months so that I can learn to enjoy it’s easier functions as a base to branch out from.
Just bought the se model with upgrade to 128gb and additional soundbanks for £2000 which feel about right.
None the less I have a ‘getting ahead of myself’ question.
The question I have is; (and I apologies if it’s stunningly obvious!) can you record on the sequencer, say a verse, on bars, for example 4-8 and then have it replicated in later bars thereby truncating the recording process? Indeed if this is possible can you subsequently chop and change verses/bridges/choruses etc or is it like my current boss recorder, a case of you recording the whole song start to finish with no wriggle room for change? (Apart from just straight editing and re-recording of course?) when I say start to finish I mean, obviously you can stop at bar 12, bog off for a week, come back and then continue recording on a track. What I mean is, you can’t just ‘copy and paste’ a verse from here to there.
I hope in my appalling layman turn of phrase you understand my query. I’m happy to elaborate or answer supplementary questions you may have.
Really looking forward to getting stuck in to this beauty and no doubt using this site as a great resource for chiselling away at the Goliath like functions of the Kronos 2 (well, SE but they’re the same thing right!)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: