Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is there a way to mute a midi track with the track editor?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
blazerunner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:54 pm    Post subject: Is there a way to mute a midi track with the track editor? Reply with quote

Hello,

Is there a way to mute a section of a midi track with the track editor? I know you can do it while playing of course and add in the mute section if you're recording another Midi track but can you just do it with the track editor as in select the measures you want to mute and just mute them? I didn't see an option for that.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry to be dense.

I am not sure what mode you are in.

track editor ?
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=707779&sid=70d4e2c22db3305f7b349cd5f0e2517f
biggrime

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:47 am    Post subject: Re: Is there a way to mute a midi track with the track edito Reply with quote

blazerunner wrote:
Hello,

Is there a way to mute a section of a midi track with the track editor? I know you can do it while playing of course and add in the mute section if you're recording another Midi track but can you just do it with the track editor as in select the measures you want to mute and just mute them? I didn't see an option for that.

You mean mute midi notes?

Proud korg kronos 2 owner
blazerunner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
sorry to be dense.

I am not sure what mode you are in.

track editor ?
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=707779&sid=70d4e2c22db3305f7b349cd5f0e2517f

My apologies. I meant the "Track Edit" page on the Sequencer that lets you edit the tracks. Very Happy
kronoSphere
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it could be possible witn exclusive message. I will and I would take a look ar this.

https://www.lairdeparis.fr

Current Gear : Kronos 88 / Seaboard Rise / Triton Extreme / Sequoia / Motif Rack XS / TC Helicon voicelive rack /Awave 11 / Audio & VSTi plug-ins connected /wide touchscreen / iPad Pro 512.
blazerunner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:11 am    Post subject: Re: Is there a way to mute a midi track with the track edito Reply with quote

biggrime wrote:
blazerunner wrote:
Hello,

You mean mute midi notes?

Yeah pretty much. I thought you would be able to mute a section through the track edit page but I don't see how. I've been fumbling through the manual and parameter guide to no avail. It must be something I'm skipping over. I ended up recording a blank midi track and muting the section manually and it recorded my movements. There has to be a simpler way to do it though right?
kronoSphere
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES YOU CAN !
And here is the way in the sequencer :

Select (in the overdube mode) any channel except the one you want to mute.
Start (as an exemple) re-recording (nothing) on tack one and while the sequencer is running : push mute ion the track you want to mute (for exemple track 6) then after a while repush it to make it unmute.
Stop the sequencer :
Restart your sequencer AND YOU WILL SEE THE TRACK YOU WANTED GOING FROM UNMUTE THEN TO MUTE AND THEN AGAIN TO UNMUTE.

Go into the track edit mode and edit the track 1 and you will see the 2 exclusive message. relocate their positions precisely according to your wishes.
And that's all !
Now, every time you will play the song, you will see precisely the track that you have choosen which will mute precisely within the measures you wanted

https://www.lairdeparis.fr

Current Gear : Kronos 88 / Seaboard Rise / Triton Extreme / Sequoia / Motif Rack XS / TC Helicon voicelive rack /Awave 11 / Audio & VSTi plug-ins connected /wide touchscreen / iPad Pro 512.
blazerunner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you that's a pretty cool trick K.Sphere! Dancing

I will give that a try. I'm surprised they didn't decide an easier method to do something so basic and simple but egh what can you do.

Thanks all for your help on my journey to learn the Kronos.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: