Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Copying Data from PCG to PCG Using PCGTools

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tunaman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:05 pm    Post subject: Copying Data from PCG to PCG Using PCGTools Reply with quote

So I ran across a video recently (I think it was one of Dave's) where he was copying data from one PCG file into another using PCGTools, and demonstrating that the bank references were automatically updated when the data was inserted in an alternate location.

I didn't realize that previously, and had brute-forced the copy in a very time-consuming effort, and I thought that was a majorly cool and useful trick.

I'm in the process of copying some data from one to another now, and it consists of 30 Programs (two different banks), 32 Combi's (one bank), and maybe 20 Setlist entries (two different Setlists).

I was able to copy the Programs to a copy of my current PCG, as well as the Combi's, but when I went in to try to copy the Setlist entries the copy function was grayed out. I had also tried this yesterday, and the copy function was grayed out before I was able to finish copying all of the Combi's.

I'm wondering if I'm running into a memory issue, a bug, or if it is working as designed and I just don't have a clue? The only option I have is to Exit, and when I click that button I am warned that the copy/paste operation isn't complete and that I'll lose changes. The correct data appears in the PCG in the GUI, so I don't see anything amiss and I don't believe that I've skipped a step?

I also tried saving the updated PCG file in case it was just the lack of a save operation, but that didn't seem to resolve the issue yesterday.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for my late reaction, I don't follow the site on a very regular basis lately.

If you see a warning when pressing exit, not everything is copied.
On the right lower bottom you can see what still needs to be pasted. A typical mistake is that HD1 and EXI programs need to be pasted in banks specifically for that engine, meaning HD1 programs can only be pasted in HD1 program banks and EXI programs can only be pasted in EXI programs.

Also you might need to check the copy/paste functions to prevent copies of patches (program/combis/set list slots).

In general, a copy is done the following:

- Copy one or more program, combi or set list slots (or banks)
- Past everything that is copied to the copy buffer (shown in the lower bottom), in any order (references will be created while pasting):
- HD1 programs
- EXI programs
- Combis
- Set list Slots

When the copy buffer is fully empty, automatically the copy/paste mode is 'exited' without a warning.

Always make a copy beforehand. Also in the manual there are many examples how all settings work.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: