Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos Combis vs Modx [Montage] Performances
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tunaman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fly by? I don't quite understand how you think that - this is a discussion thread, no?

Perhaps it's my ignorance, as I haven't touched or worked with a MODX, but in reading your description and the information on the Yamaha site it indicates that their "Performances" can be comprised of 1 - 16 Parts. I fail to understand how a Performance based on 1 Part is any different than a Kronos Program?

Hence my inquiry, as it would seem to me that their 2,000+ Performances would equate to the 2,000+ Kronos Programs and Combinations.

If this is objectionable to you then please feel free to ignore. My intent was not to start a debate or argument.
Peas&Carrots

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg. Enjoy the MODX. From my limited time with Montage the MODX should be a REALLY good purchase Very Happy It does have significant limitations though but you can't moan at the MODX price point. I personally don't think the number of MODX performances is "staggering" as I found myself wanting more.

The Yamaha one-level filing system is however much less complicated - e.g. there is other stuff in Kronos that has to be loaded correctly for everything to work such as drum tracks and KGE's and wave sequences - keeping up with all that is painful and is probably why I haven't really touched Kronos in the last 12 months or so.

Is Montage / MODX better than Kronos, well erm NO it isn't - just different.

I hate the sequencer on Kronos and will never work with it. Yamaha abandoned theirs in favour of a sketch sequencer - I mean really! The Kronos fonts were designed for the OASYS which has a lower dpi but the screen was larger so it didn't matter - same concept in the M3. I don't need glasses and I can't even read the text under some of the virtual knobs on Kronos - it is embarrassing (Korg could easily sort that out but can't be bothered) Yamaha screen is better but not much. MODX DAW integration was a potential benefit but...

I think I'm going to take up running or something, much less problematic and far better for my mental state Shocked

edit: hi tunaman, Greg likes his new keyboard, and quite rightly so but I agree with you on the number programs etc. we need to congratulate him on over 9,000 posts - that must take some doing. Beer Beer Beer Cool Cool Cool and it is Friday - yea!
tunaman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks peas - glad he’s happy, and TGIF! As they say, variety is the spice of life! Well that, and Captain Morgan! Beer
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: