Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Value of a Hands On Coach with your new keyboard instrument

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:35 am    Post subject: Value of a Hands On Coach with your new keyboard instrument Reply with quote

Going thru learning curve with my MODX

I think the experience might parallel what a new Kronos owner goes thru.

Since I was a Triton owner for some years, that 'Korg way ' knowledge gave me enough basics to get me up to speed on Kronos, then I was productive

I harp on having specific goals so that plays a role in being productive.
IMO.

I like having a coach with my MODX. It is saving me months of time. I don't have Motif experience so I don't have that as a knowedge base.

My coach is always there for my many questions on navigation and file management.

I updated MODX OS and added more Performances with his assistance.

It would be easy to screw this up, without knowing the trip wires from my MODX coach.

Cubase is successfully integrated with my MODX and I can scratch out a 1 track recording.

This setup took a week of back and forth as my Steinberg DI [ UR44]
hijacked my Mac with its firmware- the UR44 templates had little value and blocked the MODX templates. It was a mess. But its all done.

I know about the various instructional YouTubes, the MODX forum , support docs. If I relied on that, it would have extended my set up process to 30, even 60 days.

Having an experienced coach, on the phone, got me thru the hoops quickly and accurately.

So I got thinking how cool it would be for a new Kronos owner to have a on call Kronos coach. Just think, file management heach aches would be fewer.

Specific features, hardware changes, would be clearly explained and the new owner would enjoy his Kronos sooner.

I can see many new owners do just fine on their own, using various resources.

I think many new Kronos owners could save a bunch of time if they had access to a coach.

It shouldn't take 3- 4 years of deep diving to get at most of the strengths of Kronos . IMO.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: