Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Please help connecting KP3+ with Blackstar live logic 6

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Corinahernan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:02 am    Post subject: Please help connecting KP3+ with Blackstar live logic 6 Reply with quote

Hello everyone, I have a KP3+ and I’m trying to use the blackstar midi foot controller to trigger samples without much luck

I have successfully assigned one foot switch to send midi clock and another to control the hold function (cc command) with no issues however I am unable to trigger the notes For the sample banks. I have tried, c3, c#3, d3 and d#3. I’ve tried different octaves. I’ve made sure note is enabled on the filter menu... but nothing. The blackstar comes with a nifty app that lets you assign PC, CC, note, clock.... I’ve tried to assign the notes (c3,c#3...) set off value to 0 and on value To 127. Then tried setting on values to the ones on the manual 36,37,38 and 39. Tried setting switch to momentary and toggle... Nothing

What am I missing?
Any suggestions? I would highly appreciate any guidance

Have a nice day
Corinahernan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update

I have learned that the problem comes from the Blackstar live logic
I can trigger the kp3 samples when using a midi keyboard so that’s not the issue.

I have tried connecting the foot controller to other pedals to trigger samples, to my mpc and protools software and I’ve run the controller though Midi-ox
Even though the blackstar software says that foot switch is set to C 2 or B3 the only note it sends is C-1

Also even though it is set to send momentary signal it latches to note on when pressed and doesn’t send note off until triggered again.

I’m contacting Blackstar directly, hopefully it’s just a bug they know how to fix

I really like to foot switch the other messages work great, but I really need to the note send to trigger my sample/loops

Will let you know if it works out, it’s a great addiction to improve workflow with the KP3 if it does what it’s supposed to

Thanks for your time and sorry for the bother
Corinahernan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:46 pm    Post subject: Fixed! Reply with quote

So solution isn’t perfect what it works now.
Looks like the PC software has a bug
I tried installing the software on my partners Mac his morning and the note messages saved on the black live where not right but I was able to save them with the Mac and now it works like a charm.

I hope Blackstar will fix the bug for PC users

The pedal is super fun and now I can start recording loops and samples using both hands on instruments Smile

Highly recommended (if you have access to a Mac)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KAOSS All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: