Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

linking my kronos 2 up with windows 10

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChrisB1076

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:52 pm    Post subject: linking my kronos 2 up with windows 10 Reply with quote

Hi, I have a beautiful korg and I cannot seem to get it linked up with my computer. I am not a techno wizkid either just somebody who would like to use this machine to construct and deconstruct music.
I have sibelius 8 but no other software as yet. What do I need? is Bitwig any good to me? Do I need anything specific?
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Kronos and computer audio outputs will need to be captured/routed in some way, so both can be heard. There are quite a few different ways to do this, but here are a couple of suggestions. If you only want to use Sibleius for music notation and scoring and not for audio, ignore the next paragraph:

Connect the Kronos L and R Line Outs and the computer's L & R audio outs to a stereo mixer, or route the Kronos Line Outs into the Line Ins on the Computer, and use suitable mixer software. Use Sibelius' preview (Test?) feature to play Sibelius' internal sounds, and of coursethe Kronos' keyboard to verify it is all working.

Download the latest Korg MIDI driver from here:

https://www.korg.com/us/support/download/driver/0/424/3541/

Do NOT connect the Kronos yet!! First install the driver software.

Connect one of the computer's USB-A (the oblong shaped) ports to the Kronos' USB-B (square shaped) port. Once the computer has recognised the Kronos is connected, go to the Sibelius MIDI control panel and select the Kronos as the MIDI device, both for input and output. I don't have Sibleius, so cannot help with the exact details. It should be possible with this setup to use the Kronos as a MIDI keyboard to enter notes, and also as a playback device, to play sounds using MIDI generated from the musical score loaded into Sibelius. If at all possible, try and use the same computer USB port each time the Kronos is connected.

This will hopefully get you started. I'm sure there will be further questions.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: