Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Style Creating Questions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
keyboardist2000

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:12 pm    Post subject: Style Creating Questions Reply with quote

Hello dear korg users, i have some question about style creating on korg pa700

My first question:
So while im creating intro 1, im recording guitar part and used the guitar mode. I find every way, and the guitar always just strum for 1 chord. Since im recording for intro 1, i wanted the track to play the chord by itself but only the only thing im having a hard time is the guitar. Is it possible to change the guitar chord progession while recording for example from C then to Am

2nd question:
after i create a little part of the style, i tried to play it with chord progression but when i used any Minor chord, the style is played in Major chord for example i played Em but the style played in Emajor7. It is really weird Sad

I hope my question is understandable Very Happy
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Style Creating Questions Reply with quote

keyboardist2000 wrote:
.. creating intro 1 .. wanted the track to play the chord by itself .. guitar chord progession while recording for example from C then to Am ...

Intro1:
With a Guitar Track use lowest octave (from C-1 to B-1) to record a chord (C = enter key C-1, A = enter key A-1) for chord progressions.
If your C-chord should be C-Major, enter velocity of this C-chord to "1" - now it is a C-Major-chord that will be played as chord-progression.
If your A-chord should be A-minor, enter velocity of your A-chord to "8" - now it is a A-minor-chord that will be played as chord-progression.
Table about chord-types and its velocity-values you will find in your manual to build chord progressions with different chord-types.

2nd question:
On style elements Intro1 (also Ending1) chords will not follow chord recognition but will be used as reference key for chord progression as above.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
keyboardist2000

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much for replying! Very Happy

Can you explain my 1st question step by step from the beginning? I already did all things and it still play C chord and no chord progression Sad
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:23 pm    Post subject: Intro1 - Guitar mode Reply with quote

keyboardist2000 wrote:
.. Can you explain my 1st question step by step from the beginning? I already did all things and it still play C chord and no chord progression ..

It is not possible to explain the guitar mode step-by-step, that really is not easy and is far too extensive and very time-consuming.

It is much more important to understand how the "Gtr" track type works, which differs from the "Acc" track type. This is a better way to learn which note events are to record to get a particular result in styleplay mode. Again this is compounded by the deviating regulations within the style tracks elements Intro1 and Ending1, in order to obtain chord progressions, arpeggios, strummings etc.

The easiest way seems to look for factory styles to get for a better understanding guitar tracks in its intros1 und endings1. Much better that can be understood through analysis in the style editor, if one is looking what settings and note events are recorded and what results will be generated with them if intro1 is used in styleplay mode.

Example with some few entries at the beginning of CV1 / Acc1 / Intro1/ 8BeatStandard is used below - its track is recorded in guitar mode with Key/Chord set to C-maj. That is important to be known, because on Intro 1 and Ending 1 this key/chord setting is the reference key for the chord progression, while the chord progression itselves are recorded with keys between C-1 and B-1 (on all other style elements Key/Korg setting is for listening during recording).

Pos Value1 Value2
1.1.000 C6 73
1.2.000 C6 75
1.4.000 C#5 103
1.4.383 F-1 1

2.1.000 D3 95
2.1.192 E3 76
2.2.000 F3 92
2.2.190 F#3 100
2.2.191 G-1 1

2.2.192 E3 90
2.2.192 A3 99
2.3.192 F3 95
2.4.000 E3 72
2.4.192 F3 93

2.4.382 F#3 100
2.4.383 E-1 10 etc (track is recorded with approx 60 Events)
Example - in play mode that recorded events of the acc1 track with cv1 of Intro1 will generate following note events, depending on playing/fingering once with a C chord and then with a G chord as follows:

First three recorded Events beginning at 1.1.0 generate RX-Noises of selected guitar sound.

Fingering a C-chord in playmode generates C4, F4, A4 of Fmaj on 5th, 4th and 3rd guitar-string, beginning at position 2.1.0 and ending with "FullDownSlowMute" on position 2.2.190.
Fingering same with G-chord will generate B3, D4, G4 with same guitar-strings on same positions.

Next events, fingering a C-chord generates D4, G5, G4, D4, G4 of Gmaj on 4th, 1st, 3rd, 4th, 3rd string and begins at position 2.2.192, ending "FullDownSlowMute" on position 2.4.382.
Fingering same with G-chord = note events E4, none, A4, E4, A4 with same strings and positions (non played 1st string simulating a real guitar)

Fingering a C-chord next events after 2.4.383 will generate note events of a guitars EminorSeptime, changing fingered chord also will generate events of a guitars played

EminorSeptime but with guitar strings correlated to recognized fingered chord.
If I made no mistakes with my infos, you can read from the tables in the manual, why the notes played on a guitar track require the input of the specified recorded events, that can be read with the style editor from a guitar track of an factory styles intro1.

Hope that help much more than explaining step by step without to know what really was be done step by step.
Finally to point out: Because sometimes explained badly / ambiguously - to be sure that also in StylePlay mode guitar mode tracks are transposed according to chord recogniziton on the keyboard, while in Style/Pad Record you can listen to the selected Chord Variation at the original Key/Chord as recorded!
PS: If familiar with sequenzer software record some bars from Midi-Out of an Intros1 guitar acc- track and analyze the midi-events compared to the events you will find with styleeditor in the corresponding track of your style. Generated midi output always are results of rules applied to the recording of guitar tracks as are extensively described in the manuals, also maybe published in youtube etc.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kris Nicholson’s video may also help you

https://m.youtube.com/watch?index=108&list=UUucGNykYEWwS5nSSomoNwbQ&v=ydv7P-fFODE
Keymn

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did this video awhile back but added banjo strum...please note in this video, you need to copy the banjo sound to all the parts. I did not do this in this video... Embarassed
In the style edit page /down arrow/copy/sounds/from current style element to all...or select what you want to copy to what style parts...

https://youtu.be/wXSG-b0J2Wg
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: