Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Using created sounds in the record modus

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marjolein

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:55 pm    Post subject: Using created sounds in the record modus Reply with quote

Whenever I make a sound ( with extra sustain for example) and save it in user sounds, it sounds ok in style and song mode but whenever I want to use it recording a midi file it sounds without effects . Isn’t it possible using your created sounds in rec mode on the pa4x?? Thanks
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Using created sounds in the record modus Reply with quote

Marjolein wrote:
.... I make a sound ( with extra sustain for example) and save it in user sounds, it sounds ok in style and song mode but whenever I want to use it recording a midi file it sounds without effects ...

If control lock Upper1 FXS is opend, when choosing the Upper 1 Sound, the Sound’s effect settings of the choosed sound automatically are set.
If this lock is closed, the Keyboard Set’s effect parameters are left unchanged also when choosing the Upper1 Sound.
Choosing Upper2, Upper3, LowerSounds, StyleTrackSounds and Songtracks Sounds do not choose sound's effects settings of the choosed sound automatically.
Effect settings you made in sound edit are saved / memorized with the edited sound as a link to the effects, but sounds effects only are active if choosing Upper1 sound.
Choosing sounds for other tracks than Upper1 do not activate effects as memorized in sound edit.
If you change a sound in SOUND EDIT (built-in editor) and save it with extra of sustain (Parameter AMP EG / Sustain) you will hear that changed parameters with each oscillator you have saved in SOUND EDIT.

Changes you made in sound editor with FX settings only are for Upper1. All other parameters are for all tracks (Upper1,2,3,Lower, StyleTracks, SoundTracks) and does not depend if playing Styles or Songs or using Songbook with them.
But maybe your changes only was NOT made with sound edit, but with EASY EDIT (Parameters for sustain like Decay, Release).

Sound parameter changed with EASY EDIT only are temporary, unless you saved that changes with a KEYBOARD SET. So EASY EDIT is no real Sound Edit, but are TRACK CONTROLS. Setting parameters of EasyEdit are used for all tracks (Style Mode, Song Mode) but are not linked with sounds, but with KeyboardsSets.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Marjolein

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for you explanation only sounds very technical to me, I will study it when I will be playing today so shortly speaking is it possible to use beautiful created sounds in rec mode? Like for instance the Carlos guitar in the keyboard set library sounds so wonderful I wish I could use it when I create songs
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:29 pm    Post subject: Sounds for record mode Reply with quote

Marjolein wrote:
.. is it possible to use beautiful created sounds in rec mode ..

.. this is possible, but you have to bear in mind that a sound not only sounds as it is stored in the sound library, but also sounds as it is made through various playback parameters (mixer, track settings, effect settings) and some features (e.g. ensemble , EasyEdit).

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: