Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"crunching" sounds instead of actual sounds

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tomshepstone

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:07 pm    Post subject: "crunching" sounds instead of actual sounds Reply with quote

Hi, I have a Krome 73 key. I've had it from new and it's approx 2 years old.

6 months ago I experienced the internal SD card error and I was able to reinstall the image file and it all worked fine.

I've now had the same error come up on start up and so I went through the same process, reinstalling the image file and I managed to get it to boot up fully.

However now, every sound is like a crunching sound (like a very distorted synth sound), and the tone ever so slightly changes with a change in instrument but it's essentially unusable.

For my preparation of the SD card issue, I bought two new Scandisk 16GB and wrote the image file to them, as well as to the original SD card. So I've tried all three cards, all three get me through the boot up stage, but all three leave it making these strange sounds.

Any advice would be welcome, thank you in advance for anyone that reads this, and especially anyone who can tell me what I can do!

Thanks,
Tom
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the "crunching" sound audible through the headphone socket and, if so, does it sound the same on more than one set of ear/headphones?

tomshepstone

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m sorry I should’ve said that I’ve ruled out faulty speaker/headphones and leads.

I’ve had the same fault once ages ago and I turned it off and back on again and it was fine after and never happened again until now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: