Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Patch Increment on External Synth

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GRISWOLD3

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:56 pm    Post subject: Patch Increment on External Synth Reply with quote

I am using my Kronos to control the Arturia MinMoog on my PC. Currently I am using the Arturia in stand alone mode although I will later use it as a VST in Studio One. I have one Timbre of a Combi on the Kronos set to Ext & have set that to the appropriate MIDI channel. I am able to successfully play the Mini & have even mapped some MIDI CCs using the learn function on the Mini.

My question is, how can I increment the presets on the Mini from the Kronos? I’d like to be able to scroll through them without having to take my hands off of the Kronos. Eventually, I'd like to select the Mini programs directly (numerically).

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Larry
stevewahl

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't used external synths or soft synths with my Kronos yet. But from previous experience, you can send program change (and bank change) messages from the keyboard you're using to change the sound preset on your sound source. I am quite sure I've done this with soft synths as the target as well; it depends on your particular soft synth and how it reacts to program change / bank change.

That gets you directly selecting a sound. And usually your controller lets you select program change and scroll through the value that it's sending (e.g. using the data wheel), so you can step through the presets that way.

But as to sending individual previous patch or next patch button press signals, I don't think that's in the midi standard. So that would depend on you finding a MIDI message that your software would respond to as "previous" or "next", and getting your controller (the kronos) to send this message.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: