Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Adding sax to song break on pa 1000

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jamquar

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:53 am    Post subject: Adding sax to song break on pa 1000 Reply with quote

Many songs from the 50’s and 60’s as well as Billy Joel songs have a sax playing along or at the break. How do you get a sax to play over the same keys as the piano? Can it be done? When Itry to add a brass instrument it doesn’t fit the split correctly it seems like. I wanted to be able to turn the sax off and on with one of the 3 assignment buttons if I want to use it just for the break. Thanks for any help
DonM
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The key is to use the Songbook. You can put whatever instruments you want into the four keyset slots and save them, along with the style, lyrics and everything else related to the song.
Owners manual explains it all! Smile
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you register with Korg UK’s Crowdcast site you have access to live Webinars and also to the prior episodes.

They are hosted my Korg staff who know the ins and outs of the PA range far better than anyone here.

Chris Johnson guested on a previous webinar and he shows a different way of playing a specific Style yet having one touch access to a range of Instruments.

I can highly recommend that you take time out to watch the episode, it will solve your problem
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Adding sax to song break on pa 1000 Reply with quote

Jamquar wrote:
.. How do you get a sax to play over the same keys as the piano? Can it be done? ..

You can use one split point for the keys - left hand you can play sounds of LOWER and with UPPER you can play one, two or three sounds by selecting Upper1, Upper2, Upper 3. Each of them can be muted separately, do get a solo sound or sounds with a second/third layer.

If you want to play two/three different sounds within Upper (or you do not want to use the splitpoint) with different Keyzones, you can use keyboard ensembe menue, where you can set its Top- and Bottom-Keys to different values.

Biggles wrote:
.. If you register with Korg UK’s Crowdcast site ... highly recommend that you take time out to watch the episode, it will solve your problem

The continued references to the greatness of the webinar may be meant well, does not solve something and are no immediate help for questions.

After advertising the crowdcast around 15 times in the meantime, this is rather annoying. These notes, repeated like a prayer wheel, seems penetrate uncomfortably without any else assistance.

It is better to extend your signature - e.g. "Recommend to be registered with Korg UK's crowdcast - Webinars will solve your problem" - so that they only appear when something more meaningful than advertising happens through your posting.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Adding sax to song break on pa 1000 Reply with quote

siebenhirter wrote:
Jamquar wrote:
.. How do you get a sax to play over the same keys as the piano? Can it be done? ..

You can use one split point for the keys - left hand you can play sounds of LOWER and with UPPER you can play one, two or three sounds by selecting Upper1, Upper2, Upper 3. Each of them can be muted separately, do get a solo sound or sounds with a second/third layer.

If you want to play two/three different sounds within Upper (or you do not want to use the splitpoint) with different Keyzones, you can use keyboard ensembe menue, where you can set its Top- and Bottom-Keys to different values.

Biggles wrote:
.. If you register with Korg UK’s Crowdcast site ... highly recommend that you take time out to watch the episode, it will solve your problem

The continued references to the greatness of the webinar may be meant well, does not solve something and are no immediate help for questions.

After advertising the crowdcast around 15 times in the meantime, this is rather annoying. These notes, repeated like a prayer wheel, seems penetrate uncomfortably without any else assistance.

It is better to extend your signature - e.g. "Recommend to be registered with Korg UK's crowdcast - Webinars will solve your problem" - so that they only appear when something more meaningful than advertising happens through your posting.

You should really check up on information before making yet another misguided comment on the subject matter that a poster makes

If the Op watches the Webinar described then the Ops query will be answered in a very effective method of working by the content of the Webinar.

If you raised your perpetual whine that you write about at every opportunity directly with Korg staff then maybe you will get what you seek.
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:29 am    Post subject: Re: Adding sax to song break on pa 1000 Reply with quote

Biggles wrote:
..really check up on information before making yet another misguided comment .. maybe you will get what you seek ...

Iif anything here is misguided, it is your ongoing intrusive promotion of a possible solution to all problems without contributing anything useful to the topic.
Your postings without reference to the topic of threads and without information content are annoying.

Hijacking postings is just disgusting - you don't give a s**t whether and what I'm looking for, it wasn't asked for here. Where that happens continuously it is a pity that there is no ignore function.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
josf.kumar@gmail.com

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:25 am    Post subject: how to add a sax voice to a break point on korg pa 1000 Reply with quote

Dear Sir,

I appreciate your enthusiasm for exploring the Korg pa 1000 to its fullest. Your question really forced me to think and expand such possibility. I have been using korg pa 1000 since its release.

I think there is a possibility of adding either sax or any instrument in the break element of a style.
All you have to do is to take the style in which you wanted the sax piece to edit mode by clicking on record button just down the screen. Select the element you want to edit. Like you wanted to add a sax piece to break. So select the break element from all the style elements like var 1 var 2, ...... you would come across the break. Usually in the break element except for the drum track, all other elements are active to create an aura while we start to play the interlude. In all the active elements of break element, select any one element from ACC1, ACC2, ACC3, ACC4, ACC5 and its current instrument will be displayed which you can delete its track from the menu above and change the current instrument to sax. If it is a 4/4 style, play and record the sax piece either one bar or four bars as per your requirement. I hope you know how to record. I suggest recording, like hitting on the start button on the count of four, start playing sax piece along with the other elements of the style are playing. Once done, go to the menu and save the style with a new name and save it in the user with a different name.

All the very best!
Jamquar

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:33 pm    Post subject: Thanks so much Reply with quote

My Pa is in the shop with a frozen touchscreen. When I get it back I will try these suggestions. You guys are so kinds to help. Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: