Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Minilogue XD: MIDI Routing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Minilogue / Monologue
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PlasticLoveDoll

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:10 pm    Post subject: Minilogue XD: MIDI Routing Reply with quote

Hey there, friends in Korg synthesis. i am super psyched to have the XD setup, right above my M3.

I use my M3 as my controller in Logic, it's such a good one. I also want to control the XD with it, which is working fine. However, for some reason, due i suspect to a Global MIDI setting, the XD is not sending MIDI out to my RME interface, and to Logic.

So, just to clarify. the signal is M3>Mini XD> RME Fireface and then to Logic on my MB Pro. I can trigger the XD fine from the M3. I can play VSTs in Logic fine from the XD. So it's just that for some reason the MIDI out on the XD isn't passing controller data from the M3 to the interface. Super grateful for any responses / suggestions if you have them. Thank you in advance.
slug

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Minilogue XD: MIDI Routing Reply with quote

PlasticLoveDoll wrote:
for some reason the MIDI out on the XD isn't passing controller data from the M3 to the interface.

MIDI out does not operate as a MIDI thru. If you dont have more MIDI DIN ports on your interface just connect XD to computer by USB?
PlasticLoveDoll

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, yes, but I really need a full size keyboard to play this thing. I don't like the slim keys, nor the meager number of keys, but I love the sound and am happy to tweak it with my M3 underneath. Perhaps I can set Logic up to send MIDI out to the Minilogue, and achieve nearly the same result, with hopefully very little latency.

I wish there was a way to configure MIDI out to pass the signal thru. Some smaller synths have a switch for that, in Global settings.
Savante

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PlasticLoveDoll wrote:
Well, yes, but I really need a full size keyboard to play this thing. I don't like the slim keys, nor the meager number of keys, but I love the sound and am happy to tweak it with my M3 underneath. Perhaps I can set Logic up to send MIDI out to the Minilogue, and achieve nearly the same result, with hopefully very little latency.

I wish there was a way to configure MIDI out to pass the signal thru. Some smaller synths have a switch for that, in Global settings.

Yours is an old post, so you've probably solved this problem by now. But just in case it might be useful information for you or someone else, there is an easy and very effective solution to the issues you describe. You will need a couple (not expensive) MIDI Solutions Thru and Merge boxes. Then you can run the MIDI out from your M3 to up to four destinations independently, and then you can merge the MIDI output of the M3 with any other MIDI stream into your RME interface, Logic, or any other MIDI destination.

The MIDI Solutions Thru and Merge boxes work great and can solve most MIDI routing problems.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ak2eL_0rCBE&feature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZX1fHKsjwaA&feature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Pmp3sR91ak&feature=channel

First-ever synth I owned: Korg DW-8000, Current Korg gear: Korg Kronos 2; Korg Minilogue XD; Korg Krome EX; Korg Nautilus 61
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Minilogue / Monologue All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: