Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Program change in style edit
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stalian87

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:58 pm    Post subject: Program change in style edit Reply with quote

Hey everyone,

just wondered if this is possible? I'm desperate to do it but I can't see any obvious way of doing it?

I can see in the events edit page that the program change filter is greyed? any reason why?

thanks,
sal
stalian87

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

upon checking the manual, it seems this isn't possible which i find ridiculous!

How can such a powerful keyboard not allow simple midi such as program changes!
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can definitely have a program change message inserted on any track...you just can't do it within the same element.

Example:

For the Bass track, you can select 4 different program change messages....one per each Variation. But not more than one program change message within Var 1 on the same track.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQ6sughqH4g

stalian87

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry Sam, I've lost you there. That video shows CC changes, not program changes.

I know i can have different programs for each variation but i need program changes for each chord variation in a variation.

I do feel program change messages are very elementary and surprised you can't insert them in yourself.
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stalian87 wrote:
sorry Sam, I've lost you there. That video shows CC changes, not program changes.

I know i can have different programs for each variation but i need program changes for each chord variation in a variation.

I do feel program change messages are very elementary and surprised you can't insert them in yourself.

It doesn't matter. PC messages are entered the same way. Like I said you CAN NOT have more than one PC message on the same track within the SAME variation. I could be wrong but if I remember correctly, CVs are all tied to the style element that they're placed or grouped under. In other words, you're still within the same variation or whatever, if you're simply programming CVs that belong to the same Variation/Intro/Break/Ending.

stalian87

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i think you're just repeating what i'm saying.

i know you can't insert PC changes within the same variation, that's what i'm annoyed about.
Aripearlmusic
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are ways to put multiple program changes on the same variation on the same channel but can I ask specifically what you are trying to accomplish?
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:43 am    Post subject: more program changes within one style element Reply with quote

Aripearlmusic wrote:
There are ways to put multiple program changes on the same variation on the same channel but can I ask specifically what you are trying to accomplish?

Your answer is not helpful but just annoying.

If you already claim to know a suitable solution for the question one here is are looking for, you should also share your information instead of rudely asking the counter-question why it was asked "just wondered if this is possible?".

This strange, capricious fuss unfortunately often heard in this forum, is incomprehensible (I know something you want to know, but I won't tell you?!).

The OPs question was simple and it was also described why it was asked - how to insert more than one Prg-Change within a style element.
If you know an answer it would be nice to know - if you don't want to share informations, please don't create an uncomfortable mood with this behavior.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Aripearlmusic
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to share how to do it based on what hes trying to do but now im just going to keep it to myself. You can thank siebenwhateverhisnameis
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:43 am    Post subject: Re: more program changes within one style element Reply with quote

siebenhirter wrote:

Your answer is not helpful but just annoying.

If anybody's being rude, not helpful and annoying here is YOU! What makes you think you should police how anyone's making a post so it would fit your standards? Making a friendly suggestion is one thing but to be an aggressive loud mouth is another. You need to chill dude!

Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stalian87 wrote:
yeah i think you're just repeating what i'm saying.

i know you can't insert PC changes within the same variation, that's what i'm annoyed about.

But remember that's not what you wrote in your first and even the second post at all. You simply said you were unable to enter a PC message. You didn't say anything about entering a second PC message within the same element ...etc.

Aripearlmusic
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every channel of every CV can have a different sound by changing the program change MSB and LSB on bar 1 beat 1. It says this about 20 times in the manual
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:14 am    Post subject: more tan one program changes within one style element Reply with quote

Difficulties in understanding and confusion can occur, but intentional misinformation?

In his third posting stalian87 wrote:
stalian87 wrote:
... I know i can have different programs for each variation but i need program changes for each chord variation in a variation.

Sam CA wrote:
... you CAN NOT have more than one PC message on the same track within the SAME variation.

Aripearlmusic wrote:
... There are ways to put multiple program changes on the same variation on the same channel ...

That's not true until you can prove it!

Aripearlmusic wrote:
...every channel of every CV can have a different sound ..

That is contradiction of your previous posting and no solution, because a sound of everys CV are no multiple program changes on the same variation on the same channel.

Also this is no solution but simply a redundant info, because already user Sam Ca has informed about that "you CAN NOT have more than one PC message on the same track within the SAME variation".

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
stalian87

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, looks like i've started a little debate here.

in all honesty, it shouldn't really matter why i need to do it but I'm creating a guitar multisample which are full of loops rather than single notes and would've been much easier to create a MS instrument for each chord variation such as major, minor, 7th etc etc.

But the fact that you CAN'T insert PC messages in event viewer (as far as i know) this becomes useless. I've found another way of doing what i need to do but it would've been 100 times easier the way i described above.

I would greatly appreciate any help rather than any arguments.
stalian87

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aripearlmusic wrote:
Every channel of every CV can have a different sound by changing the program change MSB and LSB on bar 1 beat 1. It says this about 20 times in the manual

you cannot insert MSB or LSB messages in event edit.....?

I've also tried to insert them via importing a midi and although it works in respect of the channel changing to the correct sound. The midi event get's filtered out and doesn't actually do anything after that.
So if i change to a random sound and then press play, it doesn't go back to the intended sound.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: