Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MIDI in Not Working

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mypupdaisy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:26 pm    Post subject: MIDI in Not Working Reply with quote

I have a Korg Krome EX I bought over the past year. I would like to connect my iPad (ipadOS 14.2) or 2020 MacBook Air (macOS Big Sur 11.1) to it and send MIDI in to the Krome.

When I connect the iPad or MacBook using the Apple Camera Cable, MIDI out from the Krome works great. I can control any Synths on my iPad I want, including the Korg Module app with Triton, Korg iM1 and iPolysix apps. Works fine with GarageBand also.

I also have a iConnect box with standard MIDI in/out, a iOS USB and Computer USB ports. When I run through this, I get the same reaction. I can use my Krome to control software synths on my iPad or MacBook Air.

Problem is, no matter what configuration I use, I can not get my iPad or MacBook Air to play the notes I send to the Krome.

So I want to write music on my iPad or MacBook, then send it via MIDI to the Krome. I could export the MIDI file and then place it on the Krome, but I want to make changes to the song on the iPad or MacBook in real time and then hear the results on the Krome.

Is there something I need to do to setup the Krome so it will play what I send to it via MIDI in?

Thanks in advanced.
didier

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same as you...
I can't hear anything from my Krome when I send it a midi file with the FLStudio sequencer through a USB cable connected to my Windows 10 computer. However, my Krome-EX keyboard is well recognized by the software.

I checked the MIDI settings ... I can't do it.
The Krome does not seem to respond to external requests.
In addition, I noticed that as soon as an instrument (in combi mode) is assigned to a midi channel other than GlobalChanel (Gch or 01G), it becomes mute to the touch on the Krome keyboard! It seems abhorrent to me.

Have you found a solution to your problem since last year?
sridharar

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:28 am    Post subject: Re: Midi -- In my case it is PA600 Reply with quote

I was searching for a way, if there is any, to reset the MIDI OUT on my
PA600 - instead of rebooting the keyboard.

I have the opposite problem to what the original post here is about.

I can send MIDI to my PA600 without any issues.
I am using Windows 10 machine (and use many applications and send/receive MIDI to my PA600 via wired USB cable).

BTW I can also use the camera connect cable to do the same with my iPads.

The problem I have is - even when I can send midi to PA600 and play it fine, I cannot always get the MIDI Out on Korg PA600 to work.

When I get into this issue, I am forced to switch off and reboot my PA600.
Very painful. I know it is PA600 which seems to get stuck and refuses to send Midi Out.

As I can confirm this via basic Midi-OX setup (and also other complex methods):
I can send MIDI to PA600 and it plays fine - so the driver plumbing is fine.
Midi OX also shows it has an input device -- PA600.
But no MIDI out is emitted by PA600

Everything works fine for sometime, this sometime can be long as even few days, until something happens and MIDI out stops working.

I am thinking some one may know a way - hidden command sequence -- to reset the PA600 MIDI. Something they know of which works with other PA and might work on PA600.

br Sri.
P.S. I am also posting this on PA600 forum.

Shared Area https://tinyurl.com/ybf5ucga
YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeXBbc4qNkdbNPywhopu1iA
Dan Stesco
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In combi and song mod we have the Timbre status. If is INT will play only with the internal sounds on Gch or 1G. If will need to send to external device, select the Timbre Status to EXT or BOTH. The Timbre status EXT will not play with Krome Sound but will transmit to external device.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: