Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wavestate connections

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Segalm01

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:56 pm    Post subject: Wavestate connections Reply with quote

Hi there,
I'm a newbie to synthesisers, but have an Akai MPC One and I have Ableton Live with Push 2.

My question is how I connect the Wavestate to my PC and/or BigKnob Studio so I can route its output to my speakers / headphones or to a PC to record the output?

At the moment all I have is a speaker jack going to my monitor speaker.

I'd also like to link up my MPC One to the Wavestate if possible?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Maxwell Segal
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Wavestate has a headphone output, so headphones can be plugged in directly. The Wavestate USB carries MIDI and ethernet data, but not audio, so digital audio direct from the Wavestate is not possible.

For audio to the Big Knob Studio (BKS), connect the Wavestate L and R/Mono outputs using TRS cables to the BKS inputs 1 and 2, or 3 and 4, or 5 and 6. Use a combination of Wavestate main Volume knob and the BKS trim controls to get the levels right. Aim for a maximum signal level on peaks, displayed on the BKS, of around -6dB, with the L and R Studio / Phones Amp outputs of the BKS to the amplifier driving the speakers, and/or connect phones to the front panel headphone outputs on the BKS.

For audio to Ableton Live, either connect one pair of BKS outputs to the input of a soundcard or USB audio interface, or use the built in audio to USB interface in the BKS, and set up Ableton Live to see it as a USB audio source.

As for the MPC One, it has MIDI in and MIDI out that could be connected to the Wavestate's MIDI out and MIDI in, if you so wished. L & R audio out from the Wavestate could be connected directly to the MPS One L & R inputs, or the audio could come via the BKS Monitor Outputs. Just be wary of the potential for audio feedback though, if the MPS One outputs and inputs are both connected to the MPC One!!

Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is your MPC connected to right now?
Assuming you are using the only two inputs on your AUDIO Interface for the MPC, you could connect the audio out of the Wavestate directly to the inputs on your MPC in order to piggyback off the MPC signal that's going to the audio interface.

You could also run a USB cable from the Wavestate direct to the MPC in order to control it from the pads and so on too.

Just one of a few options.

Regards
Sharp
Segalm01

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:03 am    Post subject: Thank you to voip Reply with quote

Thanks very much for that really useful and helpful advice. I will try what you suggest this evening when home and I'm sure it will all work well Smile
Segalm01

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:05 am    Post subject: Thanks too, Sharp Reply with quote

Thanks for your help too. I will try all of this this evening when home. I'm very hopeful I can get it all setup now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: