Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Krome Ex. Edit 4 Measures of Crotchets to 1 of Semi Quavers

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kevin Leake

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:01 pm    Post subject: Krome Ex. Edit 4 Measures of Crotchets to 1 of Semi Quavers Reply with quote

Hi - I am new to this forum and apologies in advance for that.
I slowly recorded a Krome Keyboard solo in 4/4 time, 4 Crotchet beats( notes ) per Bar/ (Measure).
The solo is 52 measures long. To speed the solo up I want to Merge each 4 measures/bars of crotchets into 1 bar of semi quavers thus ending up with a 13 bar solo which sounds much quicker.
Is there a way to carry out that merge of 4 bars into 1 bar ie. 52 into 13 bars.
Thanks in advance as always; Kevin : Question
bpoodoo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe I understand your Close Encounters of the Third Kind music theory terminology Wink , but I don't think there's a way to do it, unless the Krome sequencer has that feature unbeknownst to me.

I tinkered around on my Triton to see if I could do it. I tried event editing the time signature for measures I wanted to speed up, but that didn't work. Notes were either left justified in the measure or truncated from the measure.

You could insert a tempo change event to increase the tempo of the song during the solo and revert back to the original tempo at the end of the solo. But you may not be able to set the solo tempo 4X higher than the original tempo.

Best I can think of is to record the solo again at slower manual tempo (but don't record that slower tempo change). When played back at normal speed the solo will play back faster, at the song tempo speed.
Kevin Leake

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you bpoodoo. I appreciate your help. Yes I figured that was the case. Oh for Manuscript and an eraser. Possibly do-able in a Daw but I think I just need to do as you say or learn to play the Solo faster. As it is the solo I am learning was double tracked in a fancy studio by the Phil Lynott band so its even hard to figure out the notes. Not to worry. I have made a reasonable attempt at it and I doubt an audience would notice. Its a solo that probably only musicians appreciate, : but maybe I am mistaken in that. Thanks again: Kevin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: