Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sweep House Kit and waveshaper jam session

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KingKronos

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:34 pm    Post subject: Sweep House Kit and waveshaper jam session Reply with quote

I'm having a blast with this, thought I'd share. It's a groove where you play the joystick up to mash up the sounds.

I started with a blank init EXi program. On the drum track page I chose the sweep house kit, and put detune all the way down to -1200.

For the pattern, I chose pop ballad 7. I liked the groove when you shift it down -10 and tempo at 135.

Next I set bus select to IFX1. Over on the insert FX page set IFX1 to 24 stereo wave shaper. It's pretty rude with the Rezzo going full tilt. On the IFX 1-12 tab I put the scale down to -12, and bumped up the scale amount to +36. To bring back some of the original groove high end, set pre LPF to zero and wet/dry to 50/50.

Now you can get your jam on. Move the joystick up in time to the groove, like on the backbeat 2 and 4, or whatever. Highlight the waveshape table, and check out each shape for a few bars, don't forget the fill on bar 4. Fun.

Back on the drum track page you can change the pattern shift to bring in different drums. The detune is fun to play with too.

To mix it up, try switching the wave shaper to 21 talking modulator on the Stuck in a Jar preset. If you touch the formant box, you can use the data slider to make it talk. Use the ribbon for different vowels.

Enjoy!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: