Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos Berlin piano vs Nautilus German piano

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Nautilus / AT
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ITguy54

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:45 pm    Post subject: Kronos Berlin piano vs Nautilus German piano Reply with quote

Are these pianos the same? I watched the video on the comparison between the Kronos and Nautilus. It spent about 20 seconds on the piano engine and showed the top going up and down.
burningbusch
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My interpretation of Korg's "codes" for the various manufacturers are as follows:

German = Germany Steinway (Hamburg)
Berlin = Bechstein
Austrian = Bösendorfer
Italian = Faziloi
Japanese = Yamaha

The Nautilus German2 D could be the same piano (German not Berlin) that was sampled for the original Kronos, or it could be a different instrument. The Nautilus sounds like it was recorded in mono with the room mics providing stereo. It is a very different sound, to my ears, when compared to the German piano in the Kronos. When you read through the multi-sample list for the Nautilus German piano, the first group looks to be mono (lacking -L/-R versions) with the FAR mics providing stereo.

Busch.
Kronos 73, Nautilus 61, Vox Continental 73, Monologue, Yamaha Montage 8, Rhodes Suitcase, Yamaha VL-1, Roland V-Synth, Yamaha AvantGrand, Minimoog Model D, Studio Electronics Omega 8, CSS, Spitfire, VSL, LASS, Sample Modeling, Ivory, Komplete 12, Spectrasonics, Cubase, Pro Tools, etc.
http://www.purgatorycreek.com
ITguy54

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well according to Korg’s site, the Berlin D piano is a part of the “New Kronos Sound Pack”. That sound library is standard on the Kronos 2, but the sound pack is available for the original Kronos and Kronos X. So, since the Nautilus has the Italian Grand, I was wondering if it also has the Berlin D. If not I hope it will be made available for Nautilus customers.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Judging by the Nautilus Voice Name List, which is over 300 pages long, quite a few of the pianos mentioned, e.g. Berlin D, German D, Japanes C, and Austrian, have asterisks against them with a note to say "* When the instrument is shipped from the factory, these piano types do not sound. The optional NAUTILUS Sound library download is required that will be on sale in the future."

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Nautilus / AT All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: