Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Organising User Sounds (Using Samples)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:07 pm    Post subject: Enough samples with multiple SET-folders Reply with quote

MusicLover400 wrote:
I was running out of memory when combining SETs... I have 220MB of free memory and about 7k samples out of 15048 (Max) for the next SET ..

Starting from scratch with an empty RAM for user data and loading sounds and styles, within one single session Pa1000/700 is equipped with factory-data (512 sounds, 256 drumkits, 995 multisamples, 1982 drum samples) and user-data (512 sounds, 256 drumkits, 15.048 samples).

For next SET, starting again from scratch loading sounds and styles for organizing your next session, RAM is empty as before for the same amount of musical resoures for the next SET, available for each subsequent and next session.

If you don't want to use the advantage of SET folders (with a complete exchange of user data) and want to put together several sessions by combining SETS, memory will be running out the more data you want to merge into RAM at same time within one session.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
MusicLover400

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Siebenhirter, Thank you for the reply and input. I moved from Technic KN 1200 to Pa1000. I read the specs for
Pa 1000 and thought user (512 sounds, 256 drumkits, 15.048 samples) will be enough. Now I see that 300Mb is good and is manageable with the right tools that Korg has not given us. After cleaning first and loading samples and compressing I have left with 220MB free RAM but not enough sound slots. Sound slots are nothing but containers/folders that has sample location numbers. If Korg doesn’t increase it from 4 User Banks (256 slots) then I have to sell this and buy Pa4X may be. Having to load SET for each session is good idea but cumbersome. For Western music, Factory styles and sounds are good enough for me, my custom Indian styles and sounds requires not more RAM memory but user sound slots. May be I have collected too much.

Regards,

Al
VladislavIZ

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:49 am    Post subject: Re: Enough samples with multiple SET-folders Reply with quote

Is the company going to release a new OS for the Pa700 / 1000 as it did for the Pa4X OS v3 Next?
MusicLover400

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know, but if they do I hope they add some userbank
(folders) for the sounds or let the user create them if they need more. Sound User banks are just folders nothing else.

Regards,

Al
VladislavIZ

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MusicLover400 wrote:
I don't know, but if they do I hope they add some userbank
(folders) for the sounds or let the user create them if they need more. Sound User banks are just folders nothing else.

Regards,

Al

hope KORG takes care of KORG Pa700 / 1000 users
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:22 pm    Post subject: Enough samples with multiple SET-folders Reply with quote

MusicLover400 wrote:
..Sound slots are nothing but containers/folders that has sample location numbers .... buy Pa4X may be .... to load SET for each session is good idea but cumbersome... mMay be I have collected too much...

No - sound slots do not contain sample location numbers, but all data of all oscillators and all its parameters and of all multisamples used for a sound (PCG). These are all that complex data that are used within sound editor and are saved individually per PCG. Links to sample location numbers you will find in multisamples (KMP = keymap).

Links to locations of sounds you will find in tracks of styles, kbdsets and pads - but these links are coupled with their location, which is the same in a SET and in user memory, in case you load a complete SET - none of that sounds is to notify to change any links in musical resources.
If you buy a Pa4X you will get the same amount of 512 user-sounds but only half of Pa1000s user-DrumKits. So if you really need more than 512 user sounds per session, this model is not enough either.

Would be hard, to find an arranger with more than 512 user sounds for one single session (!).
Loading a new SET is not cumbersome - on the contrary, it is a simple matter because linking user-data of all musical resources is done automatically into an empty RAM.

It really maybe you have collected too much for a single session.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: