Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos Editor 3.1 Erases Samples

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jgale

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:38 pm    Post subject: Kronos Editor 3.1 Erases Samples Reply with quote

Hi All,

Proud new owner of Korg Kronos 3.1.3 Titanium SE 88 keys! Lovin' it!

I have a question on the Korg Editor 3.1. I've noticed that when I load samples / sounds that I purchased from a website - when I run the Editor it causes the "Sample not found" error on my new sounds. When I try to manually load the sample in question - it is not there.

To fix - I remove the KSC file from Globals, delete the directory on my disk, reinstall the files, and reload. Everything works fine when I power off and on, etc. - but as soon as I run the Editor it messes up these samples.

Am I doing something wrong here and is there a setting in the Editor that may be causing this?

Some other info:
Sounds are from Synthonia.com - I&W Covers
Combis are loaded into User-G
Programs EXIs are loaded in User-FF (I believe User-FF switched from being a HD-1 to an EXI folder when installing these sounds?)
HD-1 sounds are loaded into User-GG

Thanks for your help!
John
jgale

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot to mention - I have the "Synchronization" option unchecked - and the Editor still seems to automatically sync.

The documentation states that unchecking this setting puts the Editor in "Virtual Mode" and the data needs to be manually sent and pulled from the Kronos (which is what I want).

I am checking out PCGTools, Onksor, and TidyKronos as alternatives, but would like to see if there is a way to get the Editor working the way I want it to..

John
jgale

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turns out it was not the Editor causing the samples to disappear - it was just bringing the issue to light.

It appears that I may have corrupt file issues. The actions of the Editor communicating with my Kronos just made the issues with my files appear quicker.

I will open another thread to discuss my file issues...

John
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: