Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Loading samplesets that came with Kronos but not installed

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kronoskarma

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:04 am    Post subject: Loading samplesets that came with Kronos but not installed Reply with quote

I followed an excellent tutorial by K-Sounds the other day and the 1st thing he did was explain that not the entire brass and woodwind sample set is installed fully, so he explained how to do so.

That got me thinking Idea. I have a Kronos 2 Titanium. So, what content came with it that is not fully or partially installed? I would have no idea that it was or was not installed. The Kronos is such a beast with a ridiculous amount of content that I would never realize it was or wasn't installed.

However, since I bought it, I'd like to know what it has and, especially, what I DO NOT need to buy in the Korg expansion store if it's already included or the included content is so good, I don't need to buy a particular 3rd party expansion.

Thanks.

Mike
Yamaha Tyros 5
Arturia MicroFreak
M-Audio Oxygen 61
Akai Force
Roland MC-707
1010music Black Box
Zoom Arq 48
KingKronos

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the EXs3 brass and woodwinds expansion! So many great multi-samples. I only recently discovered this "hidden" expansion after all these years. (EXs_Extras found in the Factory folder).

The Integra has some decent brass. Yamaha's brass are nice and pretty. And my K2500RS has some very playable brass. But with EXs3 and EXs16 the Kronos has the best brass libraries of them all! (Pitch stretch and EQ are your secret weapons!)
alland
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not have Titanium edition. However Titanium specs says that Italian Grand is only difference (beyond outside look) you may expect.
Quote:
* Specifications other than the color of the chassis and side panels, and the Italian piano, are the same as the conventional KRONOS.

Your Kronos HD may be preloaded with many EXs but you need to buy code and authorize.
See what EXs/KSC you autoload on Global->Basic->KSC Auto-Load
See what you may have "ready to install" (purchase code only) on Global->Options info
kronoskarma

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alland wrote:
I do not have Titanium edition. However Titanium specs says that Italian Grand is only difference (beyond outside look) you may expect.
Quote:
* Specifications other than the color of the chassis and side panels, and the Italian piano, are the same as the conventional KRONOS.

Your Kronos HD may be preloaded with many EXs but you need to buy code and authorize.
See what EXs/KSC you autoload on Global->Basic->KSC Auto-Load
See what you may have "ready to install" (purchase code only) on Global->Options info

In my Korg account, I have three expansion serials - are those already licensed or do I need to license them? There were no instructions on this on Korg's part.
Yamaha Tyros 5
Arturia MicroFreak
M-Audio Oxygen 61
Akai Force
Roland MC-707
1010music Black Box
Zoom Arq 48
alland
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AFAIK - If you have serial on your account (that is tied to your Kronos unique ID) , you have license (for that Kronos).
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EXs1 to EXs9 are standard included expansion libraries on the Kronos that do not need to be authorised. Some of them, at least, started off life as expansions for the Oasys.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: