Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Midi - PA700

View previous topic :: View next topic  
spires8

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:37 pm    Post subject: Midi - PA700 Reply with quote

Hello!
When you press STOP on a playing midi, it ends very abruptly. How do you smooth it out? Like letting the sound sweat?
Musicwithharry
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Midi - PA700 Reply with quote

spires8 wrote:
Hello!
When you press STOP on a playing midi, it ends very abruptly. How do you smooth it out? Like letting the sound sweat?

Are you talking about the end of a MIDI file, at the end of the song?

If you hit stop anywhere in the process of playing a MIDI file, it is going to aburptly stop because you stopped it. If you want the sounds to linger on, then you will need to program a sustain for any sound that you want to sustain. This can be done in the Track Mode menu and you would add positive values to the Release time. Make sure you go into Sound Edit (one of the tabs at the bottom of the screen in Track Mode). Keep in mind that if you add to the Release Time, it will be adding to the release time of every note on that track.

If you are referring to the end of the song/file that it stops playback abruptly, then you will need to go in and add a few measures at the end of the MIDI file, and then adjust the note length for every note at the end of the song. The exception would be with the drums because the only sounds that sustain in a regular drum kit are cymbals/chimes/rack bells. You would edit the length of those sounds if they are on the last beat of the song...

If you stop any MIDI file or Style or whatever during playback, it is going to be an abrupt stop. It is nature of stopping them. Maybe you do not have any EFX runinng that would leave somewhat of a 'tail' to things. Maybe you should add more Reverb to the entire song (each track) and see if that helps a bit too.

Based on your query, I am not completely sure what you mean by letting the sound 'sweat'...

Grace,
Harry
Alesis Vortex Keytar, Alesis QS6.2, Alesis QSR, Alesis SR-16, Behringer Deepmind-12, Ensoniq Avista 7600, Ensoniq VFX, Ensoniq VFX-SD, Ensoniq SQ1+, (2) Ensoniq SQ-R+/32, Korg i3 (2020 Version), (2) Korg Kross 1-61, (2) Korg Kross 1-88, Korg Minilogue XD, Korg Minilogue XD Module, Korg M50-61, Korg PA700, Korg X5DR, Korg Z3, Kurzweil SP1, Lowrey EZP3 (bascially a Kawai), Roland D-05, Roland E-09, Waldorf Streichfett, Yamaha Reface CP, Yamaha Reface CS, Yamaha Reface DX, Yamaha Reface YC
spires8

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Midi - PA700 Reply with quote

Musicwithharry wrote:
spires8 wrote:
Hello!

Are you talking about the end of a MIDI file, at the end of the song?

If you hit stop anywhere in the process of playing a MIDI file, it is going to aburptly stop because you stopped it. If you want the sounds to linger on, then you will need to program a sustain for any sound that you want to sustain. This can be done in the Track Mode menu and you would add positive values to the Release time. Make sure you go into Sound Edit (one of the tabs at the bottom of the screen in Track Mode). Keep in mind that if you add to the Release Time, it will be adding to the release time of every note on that track.

If you are referring to the end of the song/file that it stops playback abruptly, then you will need to go in and add a few measures at the end of the MIDI file, and then adjust the note length for every note at the end of the song. The exception would be with the drums because the only sounds that sustain in a regular drum kit are cymbals/chimes/rack bells. You would edit the length of those sounds if they are on the last beat of the song...

If you stop any MIDI file or Style or whatever during playback, it is going to be an abrupt stop. It is nature of stopping them. Maybe you do not have any EFX runinng that would leave somewhat of a 'tail' to things. Maybe you should add more Reverb to the entire song (each track) and see if that helps a bit too.

Based on your query, I am not completely sure what you mean by letting the sound 'sweat'...

Grace,
Harry

Thank you Musicwithharry!
That's right, what you are saying.

I have a Roland BK-5, and it smoothes the stop at any point during MIDI playback.
I wanted the sounds to remain sweating a little.
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Midi - PA700 Reply with quote

spires8 wrote:
.. When you press STOP on a playing midi, it ends very abruptly. How do you smooth it out? ..

You can start and/or stop a Song with a smooth fade-in or fade-out (Button).
It also is possible to set the Fade In and Fade Out time ( Global > General Controls > Basic).

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
spires8

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Midi - PA700 Reply with quote

siebenhirter wrote:
spires8 wrote:
.. When you press STOP on a playing midi, it ends very abruptly. How do you smooth it out? ..

You can start and/or stop a Song with a smooth fade-in or fade-out (Button).
It also is possible to set the Fade In and Fade Out time ( Global > General Controls > Basic).

My friend, thank you. I want that when I suddenly click on stop, the midi prolongs the sounds so as not to stop abruptly.

The BK-5 does this at the factory, on the Korg I don't know how to do it!
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:54 pm    Post subject: fade out on SMF stop Reply with quote

spires8 wrote:
.. BK-5 does this at the factory, on the Korg I don't know how to do it! ...

Developer of midi systems sometimes use Java for programing Transport controls, Midi Fading and Volume controls, but you will not find this feature implemented in Korgs Pa-Arranger.

The only SMF player I know is the Sonar X3 with the "Fade On Stop" function (milliseconds). When this option is set to a value greater than zero, stopping playback will cause a gradual fade out of the audio for the specified duration. The valid range is 0–100000 and the default value is 0 - within fade-on-stop-time volume of tracks is fading to zero after smf is stopped.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: