Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Change time signature of a midi imported style
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mattf

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:33 pm    Post subject: Change time signature of a midi imported style Reply with quote

I am editing a midi on reaper, adding the marks, making small adjustments as described on this video series: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzxrj52tOU9uAjkYXF2S46x3dr44_YrtE

It imports fine, the style is created, all the channels, all the CV's, Intros, etc... My problem is that I can't change the time signature then. I understand that this is expected behavior, but my Midi is 3/4 and when I create a new style it makes it 4/4, leaving a huge empty gap on the end of each CV.

I am using Reaper as the external editor. On reaper I make sure to set it to midi type 0 and I can see that the measures are 3/4 (They are like 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 3.1, ...) And reaper is set to do it 3/4 and it works ok if playing on Reaper, the marks are also all over exact measures.

If play the midi on the Pa4x as a song, the same file I am trying to create a style from, it shows it as 3/4 and it plays it perfectly. So the keyboard know it is a 3/4 midi. Still if I try to import it as described here: https://youtu.be/0yoRQ9NW64o?list=PLzxrj52tOU9uAjkYXF2S46x3dr44_YrtE, it will say it is 4/4 and won't let me change this anywhere.

Could it be because of reaper? Is there a better or more recommended tool to use for this? Thanks in advance!
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time Signature (Meter) is initialize as first parameter in new style and can't be change.
You need to start New style and before you do anything, change for 3/4, then import your midi and save it.
Wink
Fl Studio 21, Ableton Live 10 Suite.
Korg Pa5x Sounds at Performers Heaven
mattf

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nemik wrote:
Time Signature (Meter) is initialize as first parameter in new style and can't be change.
You need to start New style and before you do anything, change for 3/4, then import your midi and save it.
Wink

I tried that as well. When I import the midi then it it changes back to 4/4.
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure yours midi has 3/4 time signature?
looks like 4/4, that's why Korg overwriting.
I don't use reaper, but you can download free MidiEditor and there is the way to change it easy.
https://www.midieditor.org/index.php?category=download
mattf

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nemik wrote:
Are you sure yours midi has 3/4 time signature?
looks like 4/4, that's why Korg overwriting.
I don't use reaper, but you can download free MidiEditor and there is the way to change it easy.
https://www.midieditor.org/index.php?category=download

As I said, if i import the midi on the song editor of the same keyboard it displays it as 3/4. Reaper also shows it as 3/4. Well I could try on midieditor.
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want I can take a look on this midi and try make 3/4 Korg style.
You can send me via e-mail.
mattf

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nemik wrote:
If you want I can take a look on this midi and try make 3/4 Korg style.
You can send me via e-mail.

Here it is https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UAckcjjBlmQaFaWP24s7Le43v4EXGAdf/view?usp=sharing

Maybe you figure that out! Thanks
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did make a style, working as 3/4
here you can download:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oD1sbJD4EDFWUdhTwKM-wsqYKP7uad-B/view?usp=sharing

P.S. I made on Pa600, but when you re-save on Pa4x, then become Pa4x version.
mattf

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, did you have to edit the midi? What of it?
Or your keyboard imported it as 3/4?
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I checked on my Awave Studio, was 3/4,.... so I imported to Korg and save Style.
Wink
HardWired

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

from my experiences make sure you set BPM and signatures when start new project in Reaper very first thing before do anything else...
especially if import midi or audio...
save your sanity...
Occultronics
mattf

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Nemik"]I checked on my Awave Studio, was 3/4,.... so I imported to Korg and save Style.
Wink[/quote

Did it simply work? You didn't have to change anything on awave? does the file I sent imports fine to your pa600 already as 3/4? How weird.
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattf wrote:
Nemik wrote:
I checked on my Awave Studio, was 3/4,.... so I imported to Korg and save Style.
Wink

Did it simply work? You didn't have to change anything on awave? does the file I sent imports fine to your pa600 already as 3/4? How weird.

Yes, I didn't change anything, just put on USB drive, go to New Style, Import midi with Shift key, tested and save.
mattf

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One question Nemik or anyone who knows. On this style you might have noticed that the BASS is on a percussion channel, which has no chord variation. All the other 7 channels already have something.

Is it possible to enable chord variation for the percussion channel in this style? I think I've seen another styles that worked like this but I am not finding how to make it do it.
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It can be many things wrong, I will love to do work on your style, but my timing is limited.
I'm doing something else for living, keyboards, music is just hobby and I can't fix everything, I wish I could.
I limited myself to basic technical issues, I do have someone who can do any style for you, but is pay service.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: