Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Editing the existing Songs

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dodo56

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:40 pm    Post subject: Editing the existing Songs Reply with quote

Trying to add new audio-track (vocals or guitar) ex post to the already existing SONG (through the Audio Input 1 @ 2), on the screen the message is appeared: “File already exist” and the Sequencer is not recording it. How can I solve it? Thanks!
HardSync
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It probably means there is already an audio file with that same name in that song folder, so you need to make a new name for your latest audio track on the Sequencer P0: Play/Rec Preference page. Probably. :)
Dodo56

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are right, but if in Preferences/Recording Mode you mark “Overwrite” it should enable you to overwrite the same Track as many times as you want.
Mike Conway
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dodo56 wrote:
You are right, but if in Preferences/Recording Mode you mark “Overwrite” it should enable you to overwrite the same Track as many times as you want.

You would think so. I just tested Overwrite. From what I can tell, each new recording adds a new TAKE. Every recording is still there, instead of overwritten. You can go into Audio Event Edit, select INSERT and find all of them.

If you are at wits' end, you could try deleting the wave files and then load up the song again, and see if that works. Before doing such a thing, I would make a backup of that SEQ file. I usually have two for every project, as you can see in the first pic (Jazzo and Jazzo2).

Sequence Audio Folder ( If you don't have other audio tracks you want to keep, delete the whole audio folder, and just load up the sequence.)

Song Folder

Folder for each Audio Track (It seems folders are made after recording audio, as there are only two on display here. I'm guessing you could just delete these.)

Wave Files

Remember: a stereo wave takes up 2 tracks, so delete them both.
Dodo56

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much! It helps!
wocongming

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dodo56 wrote:
Thank you very much! It helps!

just so you and everyone know,
the overwrite and overdub section in preferences is ONLY for midi recording. it has NOTHING to do with audio recording. i find the best way to fix that is,
go to where it says take01_ and delete the _ and it will record for you. you might have to do this a few times along the way after you load the song back several times etc.
you can change the name of that take to anything take1 take01 take001 take 0001 whatever
Dodo56

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: