Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Triton Extreme better than Krome Ex

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tommyboy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:14 pm    Post subject: Triton Extreme better than Krome Ex Reply with quote

So I "accidentally" sold my Triton Ext. (don't ask). Figured I'd get a Krome Ex since they fixed the internal micro sd card since the first Krome. So, the weighted keys aren't terrible, but not great either. The screen is nice. The sounds though, ugh! In this day and age, why can't Korg get decent acoustic guitars on their keyboards?!! A cheap $120 Yamaha psr or dgx has acoustic guitars that sound real. As far as loading samples into the Krome, I need to turn it off every time I want to load a set of samples. That's just dumb. I recorded the grand pianos from krome and triton extreme. The krome doesn't sound that much better. I am so disappointed that I sold my Triton for next to nothing and paid more for this Krome Ex. It's not a bad keyboard/synth, but my Triton was way faster, could load samples on the fly, has way better orchestral sounds and as far as editing, it only lacks a few filters and 'unison'. I can make due without those. So needless to say, I'm going to try to find another Triton Extreme and see if anybody would trade me. I'm losing money, but at this point, if I'm not happy, what's the point? Sorry, this is really just a rant more than anything, but may shed some light onto the Krome before someone makes the same mistake as I did.
hans1966

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tommy, a month ago I was on a diatriva between the Krome Ex and the Kross 2, until I had the opportunity to go to a nearby store and test each keyboard with headphones.
I was surprised that the sound and keyboard action of the Kross 2 was so much better than the Krome Ex.
Also in Kross 2 you can record audio directly on the keyboard and load them to patches.

The only drawback is that Kross2 has a limited internal memory of just 128MB, but you can upload your samples and sounds to an SD card.

The Krome Ex, is a good keyboard,
but maybe you lack that connection with the instrument.
in my case I immediately connected with my Kross 2.

I hope you make that connection, or maybe you decide to trade your Krome Ex, for aKross 2, or by a used Triton Ext. In good condition.

Good luck with your choice

regards

I choose the Peace of God!
Lou Sevens

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2021 8:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Triton Extreme better than Krome Ex Reply with quote

Hello, Just rejoined the forum after several years:
I had a Triton Le that I wish I kept due to some of the combos- I hear what you are saying about the bootup time.

I've had the Krome for 8 years- the piano sound and rhodes sound are nice but don't "move". They only gave one advanced drum kit it seems- the jazz one and the rest aren't very impressive.

I might get a Nautilus.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: