Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

True mono-legato feeling/solution in kronos

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ak
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: True mono-legato feeling/solution in kronos Reply with quote

Is there a way to accomplish a true mono-legato when using samples?

Whenever I play a sound with mono-legato, I hear a click or it is not a smooth legato to my ears.

I am sure that there is a solution to the problem but how?

KELFAR SOUND LIBRARIES @ Korg Shop
KORG KRONOS SOUND LIBRARIES
Korg M3 World Music Set

Korg M3 and Kronos
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:15 pm    Post subject: Re: True mono-legato feeling/solution in kronos Reply with quote

ak wrote:
Is there a way to accomplish a true mono-legato when using samples?

Whenever I play a sound with mono-legato, I hear a click or it is not a smooth legato to my ears.

I am sure that there is a solution to the problem but how?

The KRONOS supports two types of mono-legato for samples: "normal" (which works by transposing the current sample) and "use legato offset" (which uses different pre-determined sample start point for samples played with legato phrasing). "Normal" should never cause clicks unless you play outside of the transpose zone (roughly three octaves, depending on the samples being played); "use legato offset" depends on the sample data and so it could conceivably not be smooth, but this should not occur with Korg sample data. I experimented briefly with Program Int-D 000 (a bassoon sound), and to my taste "use legato offset" worked better in that case.

This part of the Parameter Guide may be helpful: Program P1: Basic/Vector -> 1–1: Program Basic -> 1–1c: Voice Assign Mode
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
popmann

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've actually found the opposite to be true....wondering when one might ever use "normal", because it's weirdly glitchy on what I've used it for--violin, cello, and trumpet. I chalked it up to being "a synth thing"...but, regardless, I'll bet the answer for the OP is in that setting. Change it from whichever it's on and glitchy.
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

popmann wrote:
I've actually found the opposite to be true....wondering when one might ever use "normal", because it's weirdly glitchy on what I've used it for--violin, cello, and trumpet. I chalked it up to being "a synth thing"...but, regardless, I'll bet the answer for the OP is in that setting. Change it from whichever it's on and glitchy.

If there's a particular Program and note sequence on which it sounds glitchy, please let me know.

- Dan
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
popmann

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have to get the numbers...I know the violin wasn't stock, it was the Sontina solo violin, which by using the "use legato offset" works perfectly.

I'm sure the solo cello and trumpet were stock. Next I've got it fired up, I'll look at which. But, to be clear, they work very well with "use legato offset". My being new to the Korg architecture, I just let a lot of that go assuming "normal" means something different...some form of synthy legato.
Frost

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any updates on that? I have the same click issue in mono when the sound retriggers on my Krome. It seems like the problem isn't limited to one device.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: