Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tempo Change randomly under v. 3.1.0 problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 9:09 pm    Post subject: Tempo Change randomly under v. 3.1.0 problem Reply with quote

Hi,
This is about Pa4X version 3.1.0.

I notice recently in Style mode, some of my user style's Tempo change randomly when switching between them. This could happen with any user style.
I never had this kind of problem under version 2 for the years I am using the Pa4X.

For example I am playing and switching back and forth between two Style #1 Tempo 125 and Style #2 Tempo 115.
And suddenly Style #2 take the tempo of the Style #1 to 125 or vice versa, weird!

This happened 3 times so far. I did Factory Restore and loading my set but apparently it's not fixing the issue.
Has someone experienced this kind of problem?

Thank you
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

- As first be sure that speed dial switch is not temporary assigned to tempo value on screen , try switching styles again and then check if speed
dial is changing values by itself only under vibrations of control panel surface , in this case it has to be repaired.
- Digging deeper , switch between factory styles after factory restore and before loading your existing SET , to see if this happens there ,
if not then nothing to do with OS version & System !
- Now in case of PCG invalid source code (migrated styles of older Pa models) , adjust proper tempo values per conflicting style and re-save
"current style preferences" for each style.
- If this will fail to restore tempo of styles then enter in record mode and re-save those styles with proper tempo.

If all above fail , I see no other option IMO due to recover your custom PCG entries errors.

Hope this helps

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Antony for your suggestions.
I will do all these mentioned steps and will report it back.
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2023 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did all above troubleshooting but unfortunately it happened several times so far.
Yesterday it happened again during a gig with a Factory style that I copy/pasted in User area.
So I decided to report it back in case somebody else has experienced the same problem.

I maybe wrong but I was thinking if the problem could be hardware/software aging?
I am aware of hardware aging (logical) but how about software aging? Does it even make any sense?...Very Happy

I've never had this kind of issue with my Pa4X before, it was rock solid and I did lot of gigs with confidence with it since 2016.

Personally I suspect the issue could be in Users/Favorite area design.
What's your opinion?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: