Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Let down by a brand I've been loyal to for over 40 years!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheFantasyClinic

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:03 pm    Post subject: Let down by a brand I've been loyal to for over 40 years!! Reply with quote

My first major synth was a Korg X3, eventually found a vintage Poly 800, Last year I purchased the Micro Korg etc...always been happy with their products.

Yesterday I purchased Korg Volca Sample 2 and it's honestly been nothing but a nightmare. Not only are there no tutorial on the Korg websites on how to set up your Volca, NOWHERE could I find an option to chat with an agent to walk me through the process. I know there are known issues with the USB/Librarian connections but for the life of me I still can't get it to register.

I am utterly disappointed in KORG, seriously? was it THAT hard to include a USB cable in the box? What is that difficult to post a video on your product page on how to set it up, mention known connection issues, instead of promoting artists and their soundpacks?

FAIL FAIL FAIL across the board. My user experience should have gone way smoother than this! Mad Crying or Very sad
DouggieChimes

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:50 pm    Post subject: similar issues w/ Sample 2 Reply with quote

It is a serious disappointment. I've spent all day trying to get my samples on to the Sample 2 from a Mac OS Catalina. Voysr acts like it is uploading, but when completed the factory sample bank is still there. The Korg Volca Librarian gives this alert: "Timeout - Please check the MIDI port settings in the Librarian." But there is only one option for the midi port settings in the drop down menu. Yes, I have installed the Korg midi driver. I will try Caustic, though using that only allows you to access 1/2 of the available space on the v2. Any insights here?
TheFantasyClinic

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:18 am    Post subject: Re: similar issues w/ Sample 2 Reply with quote

DouggieChimes wrote:
It is a serious disappointment. I've spent all day trying to get my samples on to the Sample 2 from a Mac OS Catalina. Voysr acts like it is uploading, but when completed the factory sample bank is still there. The Korg Volca Librarian gives this alert: "Timeout - Please check the MIDI port settings in the Librarian." But there is only one option for the midi port settings in the drop down menu. Yes, I have installed the Korg midi driver. I will try Caustic, though using that only allows you to access 1/2 of the available space on the v2. Any insights here?

I FINALLY figured out on my own and got it up and running. You actually have to UNINSTALL the Korg Midi Drivers!!! I also have Catalina and you have to allow the Volca S2 to use the default Apple driver. Here is the link: Let me know if this works for you!!

https://www.korg.com/caen/news/2019/112902/
hakucho

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For anyone trying to get the Librarian utility to work with a Volca Sample 2 on macOS Big Sur with an Intel CPU, Korg's Mac compatibility chart (dated 9/6/2021) lists them as being incompatible, and says "We are currently investigating this problem".

So don't bother futzing around with your drivers, that's not the problem in this specific scenario (which applies to basically anyone with a VS2 who keeps their Intel-chip Mac up to date).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Volca Series All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: