Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Distortion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tony mads usa

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anthony, thank you, I will certainly try that ... Is that available on KORG.com?
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tony mads usa wrote:
Is that available on KORG.com?

Nope it's discontinued , click the following link to download the last Pa900_Factory_Reset_v120
This one also contains the last released Pa900 OS v.1.2 among all Pa900 factory resources.

Hope this helps

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
tony mads usa

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anthony, Thank you ... I've just returned from a short 'holiday' and found that KORG USA Product Support sent me a link to OS Ver. 130.
I am going to D/L that and run it on the KB. Hopefully that will resolve the problem.
tony
tony mads usa

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been attempting to load the OS update ver. 1.30 as provided by KORG USA
The instructions say:
[b]2. If it is on, keep the POWER button pressed for about one second to turn the instrument off. Then keep the INTRO 1 button pressed, and press the POWER button to turn the instrument on again.

3. Keep the INTRO 1 button pressed, until the Touch Panel Calibration page appears: this will confirm that the system loading procedure has been started. Execute the display calibration by touching the red cross wherever it appears
[/b]

HOWEVER, when I perform Step 3 I get a screen that says " KORG System Update " . I held Intro 1 down for a full 10 minutes and that screen never changed. I never got to the 'Touch Panel Calibration' screen.

Any ideas as to what might be wrong?

thank you,
tony
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When arranger is turned off , You press simultaneously POWER + INTRO 1 for 2 seconds and then release them !
Normally it should enter in screen calibration and then at system update mode (where you might have to choose RESET mode).
Try to format USB drive first at Pa900 and then copy resources in root of drive not in sub folder.
If this do not work , you have to visit service center.
This file was downloaded from Italy i.korg.com for older arrangers software and not from Korg USA.

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
tony mads usa

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anthony, I feel I have tried everything on my end - new USB, formatted on Pa900, etc.,etc. with no luck.

Here is a video of what is happening, and even when I try your suggestion to press Intro 1 and POWER simultaneously. The KB just will not get past this screen.

https://app.box.com/s/wzg392g0jakg0q6d2gbrf2imyzp16dyq

I have sent the video to KORG USA and to a tech at an authorized KORG service center. The tech thinks it might be the motherboard.

I will be out of town for a few days so any possible solution will have to wait, but I will update you then.

Again, I thank you and korghelper for your assistance.

tony
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep , that's correct , there is a firmware issue there and system do not enter in update mode !
This is indeed a motherboard issue and must be addressed by Korg authorized service center !

tony mads usa

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Pa900 has been checked by a service tech and found to need a main board. KORG USA tells me the main board has been discontinued and they have none in stock. They advised me to look on line and it seems the only possible availability is in Romania or Russia.
They also suggested trying to call various KORG certified service centers to see if any might be available.
I am quite disappointed in KORG for discontinuing the main board for the Pa900 and not having any available, and further for not really giving any customer assistance in obtaining one.

I have no desire to learn a new OS, so it looks like I will probably be in the market for a Pa1000.
Korghelper
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korg need to have a worldwide database of unsold major spares. In today’s connected, computerized world, there’s no excuse for your local Korg distributor not knowing where unsold spares are…

Okay, not every screw and bolt, but major parts like motherboards, I/O boards, touch displays and other parts that cannot be substituted easily.

I guarantee, somewhere at Korg Central, there’s a record of every part sent to every local distributor. And every distributor has a record of what’s in stock and what is already sold.

Time to unite those databases…
tony mads usa

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korghelper
Those are my thoughts exactly. I told KORG USA I was very dissatisfied with the lack of customer care and service on this issue.
I spent considerable time today calling KORG service centers to no avail, and having one tech tell me I was wasting my time as no service center would just stock such an expensive part.

At this point in my career and life, I have no desire to learn a new operating system, so I guess my next choice is to purchase a Pa1000.
Korghelper
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe trying Korg Italy (or Europe) might serve you better seeing as how they design and make the things..?

They are like cars… your local dealer can only do so much. Mind you, he can probably recommend a spare parts dealer somewhere! Perhaps it’s also worth checking with authorized service centers in the US and UK to see if they had a customer that had a defunct arranger that the motherboard was still good on. Perhaps he’d be willing to sell you the non-working arranger?

I can completely understand how a country’s Korg distributor wouldn’t want to carry expensive spares for discontinued product, but a worldwide database of stock held by the manufacturer should be relatively easy to maintain. I mean, that’s where the distributor orders them from. They should know…
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: