Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wavestat Librarian - it doesn't connect in Windows 10 21H1
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jb58

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:49 pm    Post subject: Wavestat Librarian - it doesn't connect in Windows 10 21H1 Reply with quote

Hi guys,

After some time of good working: it seems that Windows update did it again Sad.
In build 19043.1165 the Librarian doesn't connect anymore, not even after reinstalling the RNDIS driver.
Any clue, anyone ??
sol_hsa

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same issue with one PC, but another one worked. No idea why. Worked earlier. Have tried rebooting. The network connection clearly works (I can try to ssh to the wavestate, for example), but neither updater nor librarian sees the device.
jb58

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sol_hsa wrote:
I have the same issue with one PC, but another one worked. No idea why. Worked earlier. Have tried rebooting. The network connection clearly works (I can try to ssh to the wavestate, for example), but neither updater nor librarian sees the device.

Thanks for replying, I am not alone it seems Smile. Yesterday I could only install de 2.01 upgrade via USB boot, but after that the Wavestate is still not connecting. Not with the old and not with the new protocol. I have tried on a different laptop as well - doesn't connect neither. I have to wait until the next Windows update I guess..
totallykenny

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:46 pm    Post subject: wavestate update 160 to 2.0 Reply with quote

jb58 wrote:
sol_hsa wrote:

Thanks for replying, I am not alone it seems Smile. Yesterday I could only install de 2.01 upgrade via USB boot, but after that the Wavestate is still not connecting. Not with the old and not with the new protocol. I have tried on a different laptop as well - doesn't connect neither. I have to wait until the next Windows update I guess..
Everything was working great , Now Windows 7 , win 8 .Librarian no longer works .. Will no longer connect to wavestate . I finally got Windows 10 , The new editor librarian , And that works .I love my original wavestation from the early 90s , still works . The wavestate is a masterpiece of a synthesizer .And I love Korg ! I own too many products to list. 40 years with Korg . I wish you the best kind regards.

Last edited by totallykenny on Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:48 am; edited 4 times in total
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I finally got Windows 10 , The new editor librarian , And that works . Sound Librarian No longer works on any of my PCs .

It sounds like the Editor/Librarian is working for you, yes?
As mentioned in the docs, the old Sound Librarian is no longer supported in 2.0:

Old wavestate Sound Librarian not compatible with 2.0
Important: wavestate software version 2.0 is not compatible with the old wavestate Sound Librarian; please use the new Editor/Librarian instead. The Editor/Librarian can read all files & backups created by the Sound Librarian. If you try to use the Sound Librarian with the new wavestate software, it will show the message “Connection Error.”
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
danatkorg

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:28 pm    Post subject: Re: wavestate update 160 to 2.0 Reply with quote

totallykenny wrote:
I can install sample builder . Will launch and work only once . I have to uninstall and reinstall to get to get it to work . Because there's no launch icon .

I'm sorry that you're having difficulties. Does it work if you launch the application directly?
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
totallykenny

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:54 am    Post subject: Re: wavestate update 160 to 2.0 Reply with quote

danatkorg wrote:
totallykenny wrote:
I can install sample builder . Will launch and work only once . I have to uninstall and reinstall to get to get it to work . Because there's no launch icon .

I'm sorry that you're having difficulties. Does it work if you launch the application directly?
Thank you Dan , Your support is much appreciated ! Yes Windows 10 is working just wonderful now . I found the launch icon in my korg folder And I just made a shortcut to my desktop . Thank you for clarifying everything up. Big Help !!!! :wink I would say again the wavestate is a masterpiece of a synth . To you Dan and everyone involved from my heart thank you .. I love Korg ! I am proud to say over 30 years I own lots and lots of korg gear . Very Happy Kind Regards, Totally Kenny .
jb58

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:11 pm    Post subject: After 2.01 upgrade - still no connection Reply with quote

Hi,

Just a short update: I could install the 2.01 upgrade via USB boot, but after that, there is still no connection to my Wavestate. USB NCM host device installed, new version of librarian installed, but still "no device". Where does it go wrong ??? Desperately waiting for the next Windows upgrade Sad. Or at least an explanation WHY is it not working...
For the completeness, I am on Win 10 21H2, build 19043.1237
Derek Cook
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Did you update your drivers to NCM on the PC as well? My Wavestate became non-responsive to the librarian until I did that step. Sounds like you did when you say "USB NCM Host device installed"?

Other dumb Q is whether or not the Wavestate is set to NCM

Follow kronos.factory development and submit ideas over at the kronos.factory Trello Board

My Echoes Music Website
My Carreg Ddu Music Website
jb58

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Derek Cook wrote:
Hi,

Did you update your drivers to NCM on the PC as well? My Wavestate became non-responsive to the librarian until I did that step. Sounds like you did when you say "USB NCM Host device installed"?

Other dumb Q is whether or not the Wavestate is set to NCM

Hi Derek,

Thanks for replying. Yes I have the NCM driver installed on the PC and my Wavestate is also set to NCM. As far as I see there is no solution for this anywhere online, not even a reason found why does it fail to connect..
sol_hsa

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

..yep, still same here. Updated wavestate. All new korg software on PC. Set up both network drivers, software is just saying "waiting for device". I can see the wavestate using ssh (i.e, I get the login prompt, I obviously don't know the login credentials), so the network connection seems to work.

Using a different machine with the same windows version works fine. I have no idea why.
jb58

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sol_hsa wrote:
..yep, still same here. Updated wavestate. All new korg software on PC. Set up both network drivers, software is just saying "waiting for device". I can see the wavestate using ssh (i.e, I get the login prompt, I obviously don't know the login credentials), so the network connection seems to work.

Using a different machine with the same windows version works fine. I have no idea why.

In my case it's not working on two different Pc-s. On one of them was no Korg software was installed before - still no connection to Wavestate 2.0 in Win10. Maybe some Voodoo magic would help ?
danatkorg

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jb58 wrote:
sol_hsa wrote:

In my case it's not working on two different Pc-s. On one of them was no Korg software was installed before - still no connection to Wavestate 2.0 in Win10. Maybe some Voodoo magic would help ?

On Windows, try this:

Open Services, find Bonjour Service in the list, and confirm that its Status is Running and Startup Type is set to Automatic.
jb58

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

danatkorg wrote:
jb58 wrote:
sol_hsa wrote:

On Windows, try this:

Open Services, find Bonjour Service in the list, and confirm that its Status is Running and Startup Type is set to Automatic.

Thanks Dan, but that was one of my first checks. Yes, the Bonjour service is running ans set to automatic on both PC-s.
jb58

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:30 am    Post subject: Apple Bonjour service 3.0 - solved my connection problem (?) Reply with quote

Hi,

Just as a shot in the dark, I have installed the Bonjour Print services from Apple. And then something magical happened - my Wavestate could connect, now I can load samples, open the librarian and connecting Smile.
So, when you have connection problems just give it a try, maybe it help - and I don't know why.
Update: it looks like the solution is not permanent. Now I disconnected from the Samplebuilder, opened Librarian and the connection is lost again...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: