Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Record from Korg into mac

View previous topic :: View next topic  
marcos

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2022 4:28 am    Post subject: Record from Korg into mac Reply with quote

hi all,

Basic question. appreciate if there is an existing thread.

I want to record from Korg into my macbook. simple.
what's the best software for that? Garageband/Ableton works? any specific way to use inputs/outputs?

and is it possible to record playing a style with multi-track recording?
MikeVVught

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2022 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Software: Garageband works well but to my opinion its interface isn't at its best... Sad Ableton works as well but I'm not able to share my experiences. I prefer Reaper (https://www.reaper.fm/). It takes a little time to get known to it but once you know the basics there's an awful lot you can do with it. And: it's donationware. It works alright when evaluating (it's not crippled somehow).

Inputs/Outputs: I propose to use an dedicated audio interface for input/output which has been connected to your Mac using at least USB 2.0.

Multi-track recording: except for Midi you are stuck to maximum 4 channels; 2 are dry (no effects applied) and the other two are wet (effects applied the way you've set it up onto your keyboard).
Bill1983

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2023 6:27 am    Post subject: Re: Record from Korg into mac Reply with quote

marcos wrote:
hi all,

Basic question. appreciate if there is an existing thread.

I want to record from Korg into my macbook. simple.
what's the best software for that? Garageband/Ableton works? any specific way to use inputs/outputs?

and is it possible to record playing a style with multi-track recording?

I don't like the Ableton Live user interface but Ableton is the only DAW that I'm aware of that fully supports MIDI Clock Sync. So if you're recording anything that requires true Clock Sync,Ableton is the only way to go.
PA4x, PA500, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 MK2, Sonar Platinum, Ableton Live 10 Standard, NI Komplete12 Ultimate, EWQL Libraries, Nektar Impact LX88, Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 Gen2, Studiologic MP-117 Pedalboard
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: