Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WaveState Update - Is Sucking my will to live
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Space Girl

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2023 3:27 pm    Post subject: New OS + Librarian All working now Reply with quote

OK, New OS + Librarian All working now. Korg gave me lots of help.

Here are some instructions for Win 7.

For Windows 7, you do need to set the wavestate's USB Network setting to RNDIS. To do this, go to the UTILITY -> MIDI & USB page and set the USB Network setting to RNDIS. Once done, turn the wavestate off and then back on again for this setting to take effect.
Next, you can configure Windows 7 to use the correct drivers for it as described in the update instructions:
RNDIS configuration: Windows 7
After connecting the wavestate to a Windows 7, there will be new entries in the Device Manger under “Other Devices” and also under “Sound, video and game controllers.”
1. On the wavestate, make sure that the USB Network parameter is set to RNDIS.
2. Plug in the USB cable from the wavestate.
3. Open the Start Menu, and select Control Panel. The Control Panel opens.
4. Click on Hardware and Sound. The Hardware and Sound window appears.
5. Under Devices and Printers, click on Device Manager. The Device Manager appears.
6. Confirm that a new RNDIS device is present under “Other devices.”
7. Right click on the new RNDIS device and select “Update Driver Software”.
8. Click “Browse my computer for driver software.”
9. Click “Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer.”
10. Select “Network Adapter” for the device type and click “Next.”
11. Select “Microsoft Corporation” for the Manufacturer and click “Next.”
12. Select “Remote NDIS Compatible Device” for the Model and click “Next.” A pop-up window titled “Update Driver Warning” appears. This is expected behavior.
13. Click “Yes” to continue installing the driver.
Wait for the process to complete, and close the window when done.

Here is some more info if running win 10/11

With the new OS installed, the unit's USB Network parameter should be set to NCM which is the correct setting for Windows 10 and 11. You can check this is the case by checking the UTILITY -> USB & MIDI page on the wavestate. It is important to note that if you change this setting, the unit must be power cycled before the new setting will take effect.

The RNDIS driver will no longer be used or required as NCM will be used instead. Similarly, the KORG USB MIDI driver does not apply to the wavestate as the Windows' built-in driver is used for this.
TINTALA

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 2:50 pm    Post subject: Re: WaveState Update - Is Sucking my will to live Reply with quote

dpasdernick wrote:
Hi Guys and Gals,

I've been trying to update my Wavestate from 1.03 to 2.01 for weeks now with no luck. I've tried it in normal mode and USB mode with all of the available installers from 1.04 to 2.01. Dan Philips was helping me for a bit but I think he gave up. I'm about to as well.

I did the whole RNDIS thing, installed and uninstalled the Korg drivers. In my Korg MIDI uninstaller all I see is my Korg Kronos. No wavestate. I can't find a dedicated Wavestate driver on Korg's website. Is this what I am missing?

Why is this so hard? The updater "sees" the Wavestate in the Device tab but I get the "Connection Error, Unable to connect to the device Korg wavestate1local.responded with Error 4. Is there a video on Youtube that baby steps you through the install? Do I need a Voodoo Doll and some chicken bones? The Roland guys are camping on my front lawn with Jupiter XM's. They look like nice guys...

Seriously, anyone out there that has had this issue and resolved it I would so appreciate any hints.

All the very best,

Darren

Having the same issue, cannot get wavetate to update, got a "failed to write to file I; /kernel8.img, now wavestate is stuck at logo, wont boot. Wavestate as of now is bricked.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: