Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

COMBINING TWO OR MORE SOUNDS

View previous topic :: View next topic  
srg914

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2024 6:53 pm    Post subject: COMBINING TWO OR MORE SOUNDS Reply with quote

I've never done this but I'm trying to get an Elton John type stage sound in my M50 by combining two different piano sounds.
I'm not interested in splitting the keyboard, I just want to combine two sounds, maybe a third to play on the whole keyboard (88 keys).
I've seen a YouTube video but he goes into splitting the keyboard and I get kind of lost. If anyone can help me out, I'd greatly appreciate it.
And if you have suggestions for the piano sounds that would work best, that would be fantastic. Thanks very much.
Scott
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2024 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you combine the two programs in a Combi, by default, they will be combined as you describe (layered to play together). You have to go through additional steps if you want them split (assigning separate key ranges). That video will probably show you what you need, just stop before you get to the point where he adds additional steps to turn it into a split. Save it, done, most likely.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M50 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: