Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

korg Volca bass vco pitch 2+3 issue

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cake101

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:49 pm    Post subject: korg Volca bass vco pitch 2+3 issue Reply with quote

Hi
I turned on the Volca Bass for the first time in a while. Using the plug with no batteries.

I played a note and turned the VCO pitch knobs. 1 works as normal, but 2 and 3 do not. If I turn either way, the pitch does not follow the set tuning. Sometimes it will at the +12 mode on 3. Sometimes I turn the knob to the end, and it is out and drifts by itself, say a 1/4 step. The OFF position varies too. Rarely appears on the screen in the 12 o'clock position.
The numbers on the screen are all out of sync too as a result..
I also left it on for a bit and no difference.
Anyone have any ideas what this is or what I could do to fix it?
Here is a video:
When my finger points it is showing where the centre of the pot is placed in the off position which should be the 12 o'clock position.

https://flic.kr/p/2mEQokB

Cheers.
LM

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should search for the Volca Bass Service Manual, it has some testing procedures for checking the range of the knobs, including VCO tune 1,2,3.

Also make sure your power supply has the proper voltage, I noticed that tuning on my Volcas gets really weird if I run them on low batteries.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Volca Series All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: