Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wavestate connection - working now in Windows 11

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jb58

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:25 pm    Post subject: Wavestate connection - working now in Windows 11 Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

Today I could finally find a workaround to connect my Wavestate in Windows 11 Home edition. My version is 10.0.22000, buid 22000
What I did: I have disabled my virus protection ( AVG in my case ). To be on the safe side, I have disabled my Wifi as wel, but it worked also with Wifi connected. As a control test, I have enabled antivirus protection again and the connection was directly lost.
The question is now: how to figure out which TCP/UDP port should I put in the exception list in my antivirus setup to make it work with antivirus enabled ? In the Windows firewall setup there is no restriction for Bonjour for any incoming/outgoing traffic.
Who could give an advice on this please ?

Janos
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Wavestate connection - working now in Windows 11 Reply with quote

jb58 wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Today I could finally find a workaround to connect my Wavestate in Windows 11 Home edition. My version is 10.0.22000, buid 22000
What I did: I have disabled my virus protection ( AVG in my case ). To be on the safe side, I have disabled my Wifi as wel, but it worked also with Wifi connected. As a control test, I have enabled antivirus protection again and the connection was directly lost.
The question is now: how to figure out which TCP/UDP port should I put in the exception list in my antivirus setup to make it work with antivirus enabled ? In the Windows firewall setup there is no restriction for Bonjour for any incoming/outgoing traffic.

Janos

I'm glad that you found the solution!

The Troubleshooting section of the wavestate Updater manual has this info:

Make sure that the required network ports are not blocked by a software firewall

When communicating with the wavestate over USB, the Updater uses TCP ports 50000 and 50001, and Bonjour uses UDP port 5353. These won’t be affected by an external firewall in a separate server or router, but can be blocked by a software firewall running on the same computer.
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
jb58

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2021 1:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Wavestate connection - working now in Windows 11 Reply with quote

danatkorg wrote:
jb58 wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Janos

I'm glad that you found the solution!

The Troubleshooting section of the wavestate Updater manual has this info:

Make sure that the required network ports are not blocked by a software firewall

When communicating with the wavestate over USB, the Updater uses TCP ports 50000 and 50001, and Bonjour uses UDP port 5353. These won’t be affected by an external firewall in a separate server or router, but can be blocked by a software firewall running on the same computer.

Thanks Dan for pointing that out from the manual, I will try to add these rules to the AVG firewall settings, so maybe I can make it work with AVG enabled.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: