Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos 2 malfunciton, by korg

View previous topic :: View next topic  
neverkorgagain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:06 pm    Post subject: Kronos 2 malfunciton, by korg Reply with quote

Hi, bought my new Korg kronos 2 2 years ago, with 2 yr waranty, just loaded one set, and i was playing like that almost two years, not much but from time to time, and first Kronos start to restart by itself....

and turning it of and on will help for some time, later didnt wat to load o.s. at all.... i took it at servise where dealer newtork said, first they tried to reload o.s. then changed cables for ssd, then in sevice tried do put new ssd, and as final result motherboard was fault.....
500 euros payed, because it was 2 months after end of 2yr waranty..... and at service they said it common error for kronos, almost every few days someone bring that model at service with same problem....
So i cant notice familiar thing when korg sell pa800 with same common problem, and didnt want to admit that it was their fault...

that is something what their chiefs should reconsider for future....

greetings and happy holidays to all
neverkorgagain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:11 pm    Post subject: update Reply with quote

Just saw on one forum ony language, that some series have problems, and some not. From 00 - 04 are not shutting down, in my country is sold 06, 07 and 08 and they are shuting down....

Space Girl

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do any of these models have issues? models R09 / S04?
neverkorgagain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My friend have kronos 2 similar serial number as yours, and he also had to replace motherboard..... 550 euros for new one, was thrown because its out of warranty
Xenophile

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You named yourself Never Korg Again back in 2009, but you're still playing a Kronos 13 years later? Very Happy

I bought my Kronos 2-61 in 2017 (USA), and had problems with it within the first month. The first problem was total loss of all analog audio output, while USB and SPDIF still worked. I brought it in for service. Of course it worked perfectly in the shop, but I convinced them to open it up and inspect it, and they did find a very loose connection on the motherboard, so the service was covered by the warranty. They warned me that if they opened it up and didn't find anything wrong, I would be responsible for the cost of 1 hour's worth of labor. The audio problem has never recurred.

When my 2-year warranty was almost expired, I was having frequent "error has been detected" lock-ups, so I brought it back to the shop again. It took them a long time to reproduce the failure. I told them to leave it on for days, and that is how they were able to reproduce it. They put in a new motherboard and power supply under warranty, and I haven't had much trouble since then. I get the occasional "problem has been detected" message sometimes when I am not using my UPS/power conditioner, but it hasn't failed me on a gig in the last 3 years.
neverkorgagain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought Kronos 2 because i had impression Korg finally made good final product.... and i am sorry, after changing motherboard and 600e in minus, and problems untill i resolve it, i sold it soon as i got new motherboard.
No need for more bad products.... i just forgot to change my signature....

When u go to play on wedding or a gig from few thousand euros, and your keyboard wont start, ask me again that question mate. I wish you dont have such a hedache like i had, but obviously its korgs fault. Like it was on pa800 model, with bad ingineering ( later we DiY fix it wih adding laptop cooler fan on pa800) but korg didt admit it till this day.

Got also pa1000 until waranty period of 2 years.. when it comes to end, im selling it.... just courious about korg how still manage to sell half finished products...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: