Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Italian Grand And "Drums"/Errors- issue (SOLVED)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnthonyB
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:43 pm    Post subject: Italian Grand And "Drums"/Errors- issue (SOLVED) Reply with quote

Hello all Very Happy

I've downloaded the Italian grand and loaded it in.(EXs21) I followed the instructions, and I elected to load them in bank USER BANK- DD. however, when I press the drum track - it doesn't sound right - its a loop of "random" onboard sounds instead of drums.

Now the instructions do say thus:

EXs21 Programs require the factory preload sounds
The EXs21 Programs use Drum Kits and Drum Samples from the factory
preload. If the factory banks have been changed, or are not loaded, then the
Programs will not sound correctly. If necessary, please first back up your
current sounds, and then re-load the factory sounds. The factory sounds are
stored in the files named PRELOAD.PCG and PRELOAD.KSC in the
FACTORY folder on the internal disk.

Now when I do this, that is "install" the above PRELOAD.PCG and PRELOAD.KSC - it takes me back to factory settings - more or less IE: I lose my set list that came with the Exs18/KRS-07 that I purchased 2-3 years ago (the setlist screen is no longer in colour)

All the other banks and drums work fine, so how do I load the drums in for the USER bank UDD only were the Italian grand is located ?

I'm on 3.1.3

Thanks

Anthony

JOHN 3:16

Last edited by AnthonyB on Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:13 pm; edited 3 times in total
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are different installers for the Kronos/Kronos X and for the Kronos 2, to take account of the differing Program ordering in the different Kronos version.

Was the correct installer used in this case?

AnthonyB
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi voip

I forgot to mention its the original kronos (1) and i loaded the EXs21.pcg (not the kronosSX) - and like i said, the piano works fine but the drums are a mixture of onboard presets

Thanks

BlackForest

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2022 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have this problem with quite a few drum tracks, because I have reorganized and deleted my sounds. Even though I used one of those free librarians (can't remember the name right now), it messed it up, as well as the Comics.
To save RAM i even deleted/unloaded the large EXs with the drum kits.

You need to go into your piano program and just change the in the drum track to the right drum sound you want.

Korg DS-8, Roland D-10, M1Rex, Wavestation, Korg SP-280, JV2080, Wavestate, Kronos LS - all RIP
AnthonyB
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2022 6:22 pm    Post subject: Italian grand And Drums" issue Reply with quote

Well my mistake (holds hands up)Embarassed I downloaded the Kronos 2 file instead on "kronosX/Kronos" one. I was confused with the KronosX present, and missed the "Kronos original" altogether – and was seeing EXs.pcg not KRONOSX.pcg - on the wrong file download - so I thought it would be ok. However after I downloaded the correct file, I got constant errors when pressing the load button. (“Error: invalid option file”)

So after a few tries, and a couple of fresh downloads, I decided to format the thumb drive on the Kronos, and hey presto – it still didn’t work! I got ““Error: invalid option file” again.
This means that the installation data is corrupted. Copy the file to the USB Media again, or if that fails, download the data again.

So I swapped my drive to the Kronos and formatted my 16gb drive on the Kronos (TO 4 GIG OF COURSE IN FAT 32), and then back to the pc – and after copying the files back over, I put it in the Kronos, but was still presented with the error prompt (as above), so took the USB out the Kronos a couple of times, and “refreshed it” then finally the load option worked, and I copied to my second 128GB drive – and successfully loaded the pcg/ksc to the default bank (user G i think) and now works properly with the drums all intact.

I don’t think these file-loads always work, even if done by the letter, but a bit of trial and error, and trying different USB slots on Kronos eventually get you there - its a computer - after all! : Mad

After a few plays with the Italian Grand, its got to be a "Must-buy" - even at £199 (I think). its got a very clean sound from top to bottom and can see myself using this - quite a lot!

Thanks.

Anthony

KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Italian grand And Drums" issue Reply with quote

AnthonyB wrote:
After a few plays with the Italian Grand, its got to be a "Must-buy" - even at £199 (I think). its got a very clean sound from top to bottom and can see myself using this - quite a lot!

I agree with you that the Italian Grand is very good. It is one of my two favorite pianos from Korg for the Kronos. If you can wait some months, there are sales a few times a year on the Korg shop site. Bought mine at 33% discount.
wocongming

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2022 2:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Italian grand And Drums" issue Reply with quote

KK wrote:
AnthonyB wrote:

I agree with you that the Italian Grand is very good. It is one of my two favorite pianos from Korg for the Kronos. If you can wait some months, there are sales a few times a year on the Korg shop site. Bought mine at 33% discount.

I SO disagree. the Italian grand, and ANY other piano that you purchase for Kronos STINKS IMO. They are as bad or worse than the onboard pianos the kronos2 comes with. Korg has a nasty way of sampling their piano sounds where some notes are ALWAYS too loud or too thin or lacks bottom EQ(like in the bass section), and are too tinny etc. only combi setting can help some of these register problems
AnthonyB
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2022 1:12 am    Post subject: Re: Italian grand And Drums" issue Reply with quote

KK wrote:
AnthonyB wrote:

And it is: https://korg.shop/sound-libraries/kronos-nautilus/exs21.html(£133/$133)

I’ll get it tomorrow. I’m assuming korg sales only last over easter?

KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2022 6:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Italian grand And Drums" issue Reply with quote

AnthonyB wrote:
And it is: https://korg.shop/sound-libraries/kronos-nautilus/exs21.html(£133/$133)

If you liked trying that piano in demo mode, you will for sure enjoy it once purchased. Cool
AnthonyB
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2022 9:32 am    Post subject: Re: Italian grand And Drums" issue Reply with quote

Last edited by AnthonyB on Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:44 am; edited 2 times in total
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2022 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The present Korg sale lasts fo 14 days, ending on 28th April, 01:00 Eastern Time.

AnthonyB
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for heads up voip! 👍

AnthonyB
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for heads up voip! 👍

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: