Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Will there be VST3 versions, now vst2 is being withdrawn

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cs759

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2022 11:44 am    Post subject: Will there be VST3 versions, now vst2 is being withdrawn Reply with quote

I just wondered what the latest word is on releasing VST3 versions of the KORG Legacy Collectio, now that Steinberg have announced that VST2 is being withdrawn over the next 24 months.

Last edited by cs759 on Sun Feb 20, 2022 11:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
matjones

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2022 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just come on to post the same question, strange times for us cubase users.
MOST companies have VST3 versions of their plugins now and a few have announced their intention to do so.
UAD is the other 'scary' one a few of us are still waiting for news on.
rock machine

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2022 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goddamn Cubase. I wish i had never gone with them. I migrated mainly to Reason, and now they're doing the same s**t too. Unplanned obsolesence is such a wonderful thing.
cs759

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2022 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I welcome the demise of VST2.

For a start, it's a nightmare managing 2 versions. Developers install to all sorts of varied locations.
VST3 is nice and neat always into one place.

And if you got a project with a vst2 loaded, it becomes plgin missing if only the vst3 version is available. And the presets aren't recognized between the 2 versions.
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2022 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korg just updated all of their Korg Collection 3 plugins to VST3.

Korg USA Product support -- https://www.korgusa.com/contactus (For fastest service I would suggest calling them on the phone)

Outside the U.S. contact your Korg Country Distributor -- https://www.korg.com/us/corporate/distributors/
Derek Cook
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2022 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem with planned obsolescence are the perfectly serviceable VSTs in Version 2 that are no longer being updated - including some of Steinberg's own - Virtual bass and Virtual Guitarist, which have also had to be jbridged

Should I still be using them? Why not if I paid good money for them and they are still working.

But the one for me is a little VST called Taurus, which perfectly emulates the Moog Taurus. That is 32 bit, VST2 and the developer is not responsive any more (for whatever reason) - I'd be even happy to take on the development myself. I have not found a VST3 equivalent for this little modelled VST that is very lightweight and sounds great. I have Trillian with Taurus samples in, but I prefer this VST.

Equally I can understand Steinberg wanting to move on, but to me this one seems a step too far unless they have some form of bridging as it will break a lot of legacy projects

Follow kronos.factory development and submit ideas over at the kronos.factory Trello Board

My Echoes Music Website
My Carreg Ddu Music Website
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: