Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How do you turn off the sustain pedal in Program mode?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pax-eterna.1

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2022 8:03 pm    Post subject: How do you turn off the sustain pedal in Program mode? Reply with quote

Went through all the tabs and there is no MIDI filtering I can find - it must be there, surely?
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2022 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What program are you working with, and why do you need to disable it?
pax-eterna.1

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2022 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

organ program - As a rule with every other synth I have had, I disable it...otherwise I drift into bad habits hahaha!
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Copy the Program, including effects, into an empty Combi, and disable the Sustain pedal for that Timbre.

pax-eterna.1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ummmm, yes that is what I am trying to do, but as I wrote in the OP there is no actual switch I can find to do this...

I can in Combi mode, but not in program mode. As I wrote it seems it is just hard-wired to be on all the time
hephiroth

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could be wrong, but I think it is “hard-wired” to be on in Program mode. The MIDI Filter only exists in Combi mode, as far as I know.
pax-eterna.1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voip wrote:
Copy the Program, including effects, into an empty Combi, and disable the Sustain pedal for that Timbre.

Ok, so to edit a single program and create my own I need to do it in combi and the save as a combi and not a program? Wow, that's ....unusual!
pax-eterna.1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hephiroth wrote:
I could be wrong, but I think it is “hard-wired” to be on in Program mode. The MIDI Filter only exists in Combi mode, as far as I know.

So it would seem...has no-one ever complained about this? I am sure Korg COULD edit the OS to include this. But product is EOL, so no hope now Smile
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lack of a sustain pedal "disable" feature in Programs has been the subject of discussion before. It is hard-coded this way, unfortunately.

KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is also possible to remove sustain in an organ program using its KARMA parameters, but it is tricky and must be done in each program. The combi solution is much easier.
Madkeyz93

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 1:42 pm    Post subject: Re: How do you turn off the sustain pedal in Program mode? Reply with quote

pax-eterna.1 wrote:
Went through all the tabs and there is no MIDI filtering I can find - it must be there, surely?

I've found an interesting workaround about this: I just use another sustain pedal as a foot switch controller (foot switch CC #82) when playing organ sounds (although I lose the capability to switch from program/combi to the next one) and on the Amp/VC/Rotary SP tab, at the Mode/Speed section, at Speed SW, instead of AMS: JS+Y I select Foot Switch CC #82 and I select from AMS Mode from "toogle" to "momentary". It works for me, especially when I have to play some more hammond intense chops. Hope this idea works for you!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: