Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is it possible to somehow stream/load WAV or MP3 tracks?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pax-eterna.1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:06 pm    Post subject: Is it possible to somehow stream/load WAV or MP3 tracks? Reply with quote

I use them as backing tracks and was wondering if one can load them to the hard drive and the access/stream them when playing live in a combi?
IAA

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wav.

See http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=87725&sid=bf6a51103e13d88616f13b39b4118579
Peas&Carrots

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes - the simplest way would be to import wav files and allocate them to a note in a prog https://www.kidnepro.com/blog/korg-kronos-tutorial-working-with-samples/ Kronos streams the sample from the internal hard drive.

I recommend allocating the sample to a key that is off the keyboard and trigger using a nanoPAD. Also allocate another pad to a blank sample to stop the backing track. BPM should be matched.

Samples can also be loaded into song files and played from there using start and stop

You can get more advanced by splitting up samples into into/verse/chorus/end etc by using Karma but this is harder to do and has not been explored much by the Kronos community - an example in low def is here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSkea-4YRGs
pax-eterna.1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goodness, that sounds (no pun) complicated Shocked
Xenophile

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never done it, but I think I would just treat a "Song" like a combi, like P&C's second suggestion. Doesn't sound as complicated as creating a program per their first suggestion.
danmusician
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is easier and more effective to do this in a Sequence Mode than in Combi. I do this all the time.

You need to convert your MP3s to WAVs. Choose an empty song in Sequence mode. Copy from the COMBI that you want to use in your performance.

Then go to Track Edit, choose Audio Track 1. Add an audio event and import the audio. (I believe you will need to copy the audio track to your SSD first.) If it’s a stereo track, you will need to do L and R as tracks 1 and 2.

You will need to adjust the song length to match your tracks.

The advantage to this is that if your backing tracks were done to a tempo track, you can set your sequence tempo to the same tempo and it will line up.

I do a lot of praise and worship music with the congregation singing along. Sometimes, they can get off beat and if they’re singing loudly, its hard to hear the track. You can see the beats flashing with downbeat at the playback controls and the measure number is in the display. This has saved me one many occasions.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a hack that can be useful for a simple play along, or to try out a musical idea. Put the WAV files on a memory stick, or copy them to the Kronos' SSD. Select the Program or Combi that you want to use to play along, then go to Disk mode, select the WAV file of interest, and press the Start/Stop key at bottom right of the control panel. The WAV file should start playing, and it'll be possible to play the keys. Key level can be controlled using the Master slider.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: