Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nautilus buying advice needed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Nautilus / AT
View previous topic :: View next topic  
orch94

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 9:54 pm    Post subject: Nautilus buying advice needed Reply with quote

I would like to get some advice about the Nautilus. I have researched keyboards heavily and now may be leaning against the arranger keyboard route, such as the Yamaha Genos or SX900. And Clavinova’s are just way too expensive. I decided that most of what I play is various solo piano pieces and soundtrack orchestral music (Enya, Hans Zimmer, Vangelis etc.) It seems to me that out of all Korg, Yamaha, and Roland offer, the Nautilus may check those boxes for me. However I am not super technical and was mainly going to use the Nautilus for its presets, of which there seems to be a lot of, and perhaps mess around with sound layering.

I already can tell from watching some video reviews that the Nautilus pianos are probably going to be pretty good for my needs. I am having trouble finding what the choir samples sound like. I was hoping at least for a realistic choir similar to what the SX900 can do.

I also am getting the impression from a few reviewers that the Nautilus interface is actually more intuitive and easier than the MODX/Montage.

My questions are:
- how realistic are the Nautilus choir sounds?
- would the Nautilus interface be easy enough to call up presets and experiment with sound layering and maybe arpeggios and rhythms later on?
Dan Stesco
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 5:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Nautilus buying advice needed Reply with quote

orch94 wrote:

My questions are:
- how realistic are the Nautilus choir sounds?
- would the Nautilus interface be easy enough to call up presets and experiment with sound layering and maybe arpeggios and rhythms later on?

We have a nice and pretty good choir. Also my Kronos Vangelis pack will be available for Nautilus too. There have a lot of Natural Choir sounds:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOH5JHitFBw

Regarding layering the sound, Nautilus have quick layer command, copy from programs, copy the arp pattern, drum patterns from one combi or programs to others and here you will find a community of wonderful people ready to help.
orch94

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 1:37 am    Post subject: re: Nautilus buying advice needed Reply with quote

Thanks Dan,
I heard the Vangelis pack for Kronos, it is indeed excellent in my opinion and definitely captures the essence of Vangelis' sound. I suppose I am looking at on board choirs on the Nautilus first, then would consider an add on pack such as this one. Unfortunately stores near me just don't have a Nautilus or MODX on the floor to compare. Much of the pro selection is mainly online now. I know the MODX can do some good piano, choir, strings. The Nautilus I know has good piano and strings, but Korg just has to have more demos of sounds like choir if they want people like me to consider their keyboard. Yamaha too, I had to search for examples of these sounds on YouTube and it's a bit time consuming.
Dan Stesco
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, if help in your decision I could connect on Skype to show the Nautilus or send some recorded sounds.
orch94

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 3:04 am    Post subject: choir recording Reply with quote

Below is a YTube link to most of the MODX choir category Performance sounds. I think the first sound is all you need to hear, it's called "Choir Service", a soundtracky solid choir sound. Sure, you can send a Nautilus similar choir sound file if you have time, not sure if you can post it in this forum or PM me for my email. Otherwise leaning towards the MODX7, as it's also a lot cheaper than the Nautilus. I did hear a Korg PA4x choir that sounded good but not going the arranger route.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Quzy4jIh3ig
nitecrawler
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are over 60 vocal/choir programs available in the Nautilus. They are a wide variety of female, male, boy, girl options including scat vocalisms humming duhs, ahhs and oohs. Just sayin.

Montage M7, Pa5x76, Nautilus, PA3Xle, Oasys 76, Mini-Moog, EMU Audity 2000, Motion Sound KBR 3D amp, Presonus and Reaper DAW W/Tannoy Reveal 501A powered monitors
orch94

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:59 pm    Post subject: re: choirs Reply with quote

OK, thank you.
chelsea4023

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Orch94,

I have always been impressed with the boys choir sounds that Yamaha have on all their medium priced (and upwards) arrangers. I spotted this pack for the Kronos/Nautilus and although not identical, comes very close and is quite reasonably priced at $49 U.SS. which is around £37-50 U.K.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGSOG88Jrog

This is the Website, they are in Peru. Purchasing would be through Paypal which should make it safe.

https://ginoqa.wixsite.com/gqvideoperu

It does do an English translation.

The packs are for Kronos, but the owner has stated that the pack will work on Nautilus Version 1.2.

Chris
orch94

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2022 3:16 am    Post subject: choir packs Reply with quote

Thanks, Chris,
Yes, Yamaha choirs are pretty good. I probably am going to go the MODX7 route, as that has good pianos, the choirs, and other sounds all for about $1600 which is a good deal less than the Nautilus, of which I know less about
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Nautilus / AT All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: