Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pa1000 HELP NEEDED !

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tony mads usa

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:53 pm    Post subject: Pa1000 HELP NEEDED ! Reply with quote

When in 'Song Mode' the vocal harmony will not sound.

Here's the process I have been following with my current Pa1000, and the Pa900 before that: I record a backing track using the on board sequencer, creating a midi file. When I want to record the mp3, I load the sequenced song into Song Player 1, press the 'Record' button to bring up the mp3 record screen, press "REC" and press 'START' for Song Player 1. The song plays, I start my vocal, and when I want to add harmony, I press the 'Harmony/Double' button to turn on the Preset harmony voice I have chosen, then I play the corresponding chords using either the 'LOWER' or 'UPPER' chord scan button, and the harmony follows the chord progression I play. Except now, the harmony will not sound when in 'Song Play' mode, although my lead voice does, and gets recorded.
The harmony has always worked when I played the chords over the sequenced midi file, and unless I am suddenly missing a step or a setting, this is the procedure I have always followed with good results. HELP?
THANK YOU.
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2022 1:36 pm    Post subject: midi Reply with quote

check your midi changle... of your left hand or lower... your harmony might be set to changle 5 .... and your left hand is set to ch 4,,

then need to match ....

please tell us if it work or not ..
tony mads usa

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2022 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

duby2, I took the liberty of sending you an e-mail showing my settings. I hope you have some time to look at it.
Thank you.
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Pa1000 VH recorded via MP3 Reply with quote

tony mads usa wrote:
When in 'Song Mode' the vocal harmony will not sound ... When I want to record the mp3 ..

In Manual of Pa1000 you will find following specification:
Records MP3 files, including Styles, MIDI Songs, MP3 Songs, Keyboard Sounds, Pads, Microphone, Effects, KAOSS Effects

That is not the same what we are used to from previous models such as the Pa900 or Pa3x: What can you record into an MP3 Song? Everything you sing in the mic or play on the keyboard, the Styles and the MIDI or MP3 Songs performed by the Players, the events generated by the KAOSS effects, will be recorded.

So I think with Pa1000 it is impossible that harmony will work when you played the chords over a sequenced midi file and Harmony voices generated by the Voice Processor will not be recorded via MP3.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
tony mads usa

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

siebenhirter, Thank you for your response, but I think there may be a misinterpretation of what the manual is saying. While admittedly, I have not looked at the manual recently, I do know that I have recordings made on the Pa1000 using the procedure I wrote above, and the harmony engaged and was recorded. I have also communicated with another Pa1000 owner who has verified that the procedure works on his Pa1000.

Even more confusing is the fact that a couple of days ago, while recording an mp3 using a sequenced track I recorded, near the end of my vocal the harmony kicked in without me even playing any chord or note at that time.

I have written to KORG USA about this and hopefully I will get a quick response and resolution.
tony mads usa

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Situation Update - KORG Pa1000 Harmony.
The good news is that the Harmony problem I posted about is working again. The not so good news is I'm not positive it is fixed.
Prior to the problem of the Harmony not engaging when in "SONG Mode", if I were singing over a midi backing track - either one that I had created on the board, or a third party midi file - all I had to do was turn on the Harmony and play a chord, and the Harmony would engage. What caused that to stop happening, I have no idea.
In probing into the Voice Presets I found that there are 'Control' parameters that allow the user to determine what will initiate the Harmony when in "SONG Play" mode. To be honest, I had never looked that deeply into the Voice Presets, so I don't know what they are set to out of the factory. I did find out, however, that for third party midi backing tracks, the Harmony is controlled by 'Track 5'. However, for my own midi backing track files, it has to be set to 'Chord'. Obviously there is something different that I am doing - or NOT doing - when I create a backing track as opposed to other third party tracks. So what I have done is duplicate the different Voice Presets in the USER section with a different name and 'SONG Play Control' setting. I will use those when creating a backing track of my own, and use the Track 5 Presets for third party tracks. Fortunately, all this sounds more difficult and confusing then it really is. What is also fortunate is the fact that I use very few backing tracks for live performances - 95% just on board styles, and the Harmony just follows the chords in my left hand.
What is STILL very perplexing to me is how this all came about in the first place. Everything was working great until one day it suddenly wasn't. ?!? I will just have to keep going until it decides to 'fail' or "never fail" again.
As for the 'locking up' problem, I can't tell if that will happen again, but I am going to try to have the board checked out at some point between gig dates.

Here's a song using a backing track I created on the Pa1000 a couple of days ago, and then sang over it, recording an mp3 directly on the Pa1000:
https://app.box.com/s/8hi8vn229otnh1tslytrgx8rwiqdr4n5
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: