Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wavestate native does not react to PC when used as a VST
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CSURIEUX

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2022 7:02 am    Post subject: Wavestate native does not react to PC when used as a VST Reply with quote

Hello,
I created an instrument track with Wavestate Native in Cubase 12, it plays correctly when I send midi notes and even answers correctly to CC7 to adjust output volume but impossible to change the current program/preset by sending a midi Program change just as the 'real Wavestate' is doing ?

Does anyone has tested this feature in similar conditions or with another DAW using VST3 ?
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 5:29 am    Post subject: Re: Wavestate native does not react to PC when used as a VST Reply with quote

CSURIEUX wrote:
Hello,
I created an instrument track with Wavestate Native in Cubase 12, it plays correctly when I send midi notes and even answers correctly to CC7 to adjust output volume but impossible to change the current program/preset by sending a midi Program change just as the 'real Wavestate' is doing ?

Does anyone has tested this feature in similar conditions or with another DAW using VST3 ?

Program Change messages 0-63 should select the slots in the current Set List. Is that not working for you? Can you confirm that a Set List is selected?
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
CSURIEUX

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:53 am    Post subject: Re: Wavestate native does not react to PC when used as a VST Reply with quote

danatkorg wrote:

Program Change messages 0-63 should select the slots in the current Set List. Is that not working for you? Can you confirm that a Set List is selected?

Thank you for answer.
Yes this is a feature I appreciate on 'real physical' wavestate, so I tried to use the same midi controller to send PC to my Wavestate native in Cubase 12 Pro.
I checked that there is a current Set list, it is the default one, same name as on the physical wavestate.
I will double check that this Set List is not empty, you introduced a doubt in my mind, and will confirm today.
CSURIEUX

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 9:34 am    Post subject: Re: Wavestate native does not react to PC when used as a VST Reply with quote

danatkorg wrote:

Can you confirm that a Set List is selected?

I just tested : having Taste of Wavestate active, I can send any PC between 0-63 on the channel assigned by Cubase track and nothing changes concerning the selected performance.

Another complementary comment, it would be nice to replicate the Wavestate Set List feature with a clickable row of 16 buttons (or 64), or simply being able to activate from the setlist editor one performance simply by clicking on it rather than having to right click and select in contextual menu. But order of importance smaller than the PCs.
CSURIEUX

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Wavestate native does not react to PC when used as a VST Reply with quote

danatkorg wrote:
Is that not working for you? Can you confirm that a Set List is selected?

Not working,
Could we expect a fast update for this blocking bug ?
danatkorg

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2022 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've now confirmed that this works properly for AU, but not for VST3. Looking around the web, it seems like some other developers have had problems with Program Change messages in VST3. It would be helpful for testing to know of some plug-ins that do this well with VST3; can you let me know about a few of the ones that you use that do so?
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
CSURIEUX

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2022 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

danatkorg wrote:
can you let me know about a few of the ones that you use that do so?

I am using Fishman triple play, which is a vst2 in official version now, but the vst3 is in beta and working ok with PCs.
It is a gutar extension for midi, with a small tranceiver on the guitar and an USB key as receiver which sends midi notes, pitch bends and CC+PC to its VST plugin or other plugins it could host.
I also use HALion from Steinberg, Pigment from Arturia (but not sure VST3), The Native Instrument Komplete suite with many instruments amongst them Kontakt and KV331 's SynthMaster 2 (VST2 but VST3 in beta version).

Hope it could help.
Many thanks for support.
CSURIEUX

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

danatkorg wrote:
I've now confirmed that this works properly for AU, but not for VST3. Looking around the web, it seems like some other developers have had problems with Program Change messages in VST3. It would be helpful for testing to know of some plug-ins that do this well with VST3; can you let me know about a few of the ones that you use that do so?

Any news for this midi PC point ? The last update has no fix for it.
CSURIEUX

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

danatkorg wrote:

I investigated more this 'vst3' pb with midi.
In fact it is a really old rumor dating from the early days of vst3.
Today all the important plugins from Native Instrument or other have no problemps to implement this new bus concept.
Even 'smaller' companies as Vienna Symphonic implemented it since 2019, see here the design guide to developping it with vst3 API
https://forums.steinberg.net/t/midi-program-change/201860?fbclid=IwAR3BDL_J73vaXa__wk8eK6nZIrd_pUHz8UQbAAE7zxGPjLGtkxk07T-vVFk

If i summarize

you basically have to do the following:

create a parameter per channel and bus that is your program list for that channel
create a unit per channel/bus and set the parameter from above as the program list.
Don't forgert to implement the IUnitInfo->getUnitByBus interface.
this allows the host to associate a “MIDI” input bus + channel to a unitID

Waiting for this Korg to add this midi PC support for VST3, I hope, should I ?
Derek Cook
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given that preset management on VSTs is so hit and miss, I tend to use the state options in Cantabile (my live host) to cover patch changes. Works a treat and you do not need to worry about the vagaries of preset management being so randomly implemented across all sorts of different VSTs.

Follow kronos.factory development and submit ideas over at the kronos.factory Trello Board

My Echoes Music Website
My Carreg Ddu Music Website
CSURIEUX

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Derek Cook wrote:
Given that preset management on VSTs is so hit and miss, I tend to use the state options in Cantabile (my live host) to cover patch changes. Works a treat and you do not need to worry about the vagaries of preset management being so randomly implemented across all sorts of different VSTs.

Great but I am recording.
And I don't want to buy another software just because the new Korg Native I just bought does not implement what it announces in its documentation for vst3 under Windows, even under Cubase, the DAW at the origin of vst3 protocol.
danatkorg

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2022 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CSURIEUX wrote:

I investigated more this 'vst3' pb with midi.
In fact it is a really old rumor dating from the early days of vst3.
Today all the important plugins from Native Instrument or other have no problemps to implement this new bus concept.
Even 'smaller' companies as Vienna Symphonic implemented it since 2019, see here the design guide to developping it with vst3 API
https://forums.steinberg.net/t/midi-program-change/201860?fbclid=IwAR3BDL_J73vaXa__wk8eK6nZIrd_pUHz8UQbAAE7zxGPjLGtkxk07T-vVFk

If i summarize

you basically have to do the following:

create a parameter per channel and bus that is your program list for that channel
create a unit per channel/bus and set the parameter from above as the program list.
Don't forgert to implement the IUnitInfo->getUnitByBus interface.
this allows the host to associate a “MIDI” input bus + channel to a unitID

Waiting for this Korg to add this midi PC support for VST3, I hope, should I ?

It's not that simple, but thanks anyway. We're working on it.

- Dan
CSURIEUX

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

danatkorg wrote:

We're working on it.

- Dan

Any good news ?

KV331 migrated their synthmaster 2 in one week and, because the vst3 was suffering same pb as the Korg Native, they implemented the new midi flow in 4 days ?
I discovered the Pb in Wavestate native 20 days ago.
Could we expect something in next days ?
CSURIEUX

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2022 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CSURIEUX wrote:
danatkorg wrote:

We're working on it.

- Dan

Any good news ?

Still no fix on mid june... Sad
CSURIEUX

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

danatkorg wrote:

It's not that simple, but thanks anyway. We're working on it.

- Dan

As still nothing is coming, just to help Korg's dev team to implement midi PC in the Wavestate VST3, here some example included in the VST3 sdk by Steinberg....

https://steinbergmedia.github.io/vst3_dev_portal/pages/What+is+the+VST+3+SDK/Plug-in+Examples.html#test-multiple-program-changes

(please send it to Opsix team)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: