Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Frozen Kronos - Having to Switch it off while in Disc mode

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Space Girl

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:11 am    Post subject: Frozen Kronos - Having to Switch it off while in Disc mode Reply with quote

I have had a problematic Kronos the last couple of days and it's frozen twice while stating "wait a minute" after performing some disc operation. After waiting half an hour it still hadn't resumed and so I reluctantly had to switch it off, twice. I was worried it might damage the drive doing this, but what else could I have done?

This has only happened since I installed large KApro Premium sound libraries and had to uninstall them as I ran out of space. None of my custom PCG's worked properly and each one I tried to load was looking for EXs that were either unknown, or ones I didn't use normally. I spent a whole day messing around trying to get things loaded properly.

I wondered if anyone has had to switch off because of this and if they have had any disc failures or losses?

Also noticed that it hangs for a longer time after installing sometimes stating message " 100% Complete".
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, if I remember correctly, you were having problems loading purchased libraries into your K a while back. I can’t help but wonder if you’re exceeding the space that’s available on your disk. Just something to think about. Good luck, and let us know if you resolve your problem.
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2022 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look under the Media Info tab in Disk mode. If you got a stock 60 GB SSD (Kronos 2), anything under 10 GB for free size is not good. For earlier Kronos species, stock SSD are even smaller. SSDs are more capricious compared to conventional HDs about minimum free size and weird problems can happen.

Also, the only correct way to actually delete EXs libraries is in Global mode under the Options Info tab. Depending on the free size left, it might be time for you to add another SSD or replace the current with a larger one.
Space Girl

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies. I have been installing demo's and uninstalling a bit recently and uninstalling them correctly under options tab. I have run out of SSD space a few times and get the message for that, then had to uninstall some sound library that I use.

I got an strange error message "Failed Internal Process error" when I was installing part 3 of my KApro Epic Animated pack. This occured after I had installed part 2 and received the message "Successfull install"or something like that. Then part 3 and 4 installed successfully and there were no other issues. I checked HELP button and couldn't find the Error listed. Anyone tell me what it means?
This occurred after the 2 screen freezes had happened the day before.

I think I probably should have another SSD at somepoint now I have too many sound Libraries to load, however I do have a spare new Kronos2, just no room to have it out at the moment. I will check the Media InfoTab too, think I have before., thanks for letting me know about that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: